No announcement yet.

Is the RR1 hard to play sitting down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the RR1 hard to play sitting down?

I play standing on my head....with the guitar behind my back....I find that position most comfortable!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

didnt you guys ever see the randy rhoads pictures with his right knee in between the v??
      its in the booklet that comes with the reissue ozzy randy tribute cd

[ July 24, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: xRR1x ]

Comment

i think the RR is quite comfortable,but i always play with the guitar between my legs,i just prefer it that way
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Topic: Is the RR1 hard to play sitting down?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OBJECTION, your honor. Asked and answered many times over. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The other day I was digging through some old papers and I found a supplement to the owner's manual that came with my Rhoads V many moons ago and I thought I would share it with everyone. I found it very helpful back in the day and this is the way I generally play mine:

1. Tune guitar to an open chord tuning of your liking. It will probably take slightly longer if your V is equipped with a Floyd Rose or equivalent style bridge.

2. Place guitar strap on the guitar as you normally would. Adjust the guitar strap to a comfortable position and secure on the instrument eliminating any unwanted drag, slack or unfavorable dynamics.

3. Wrap guitar strap around the third blade of a quality ceiling fan counterclockwise from the lead blade in start-off position. (Korean or Indonesian ceiling fans will void manufacturer's warranty)

4. NOTE: THIS IS IMPORTANT...Use a very long instrument cord to connect your Rhoads V to your favorite amplifier and effects at least two (2) rooms to the west. If your are unsure of the four basic directions, please consult a professional in this field. Failure to do so will void manufacturer's warranty.

5. Next, turn on effects and amplifier and return to the room where your axe is ready to be played.

6. Engage power to ceiling fan, sparingly, adjusting for tempo of a particular song or lick you intend to attack.

7. While guitar is spinning, in a striking motion and pick in hand, attempt to hit open chord on spinning Rhoads V.

8. Dental insurance is optional but highly recommended. Failure of owner of guitar to have or not have dental insurance will not in any way hold company liable for any incident that may or may not happen as a result of an improper use of said instrument.

9. Results may vary.

10. Have fun!

Hey, I'm just doing this as a public service. I know you guys will thank me later. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I tryed 1 out 2day and had no problem sitting with it.The only problem is that i want it even more now and i am going to have 2 wate till christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                Nope. It's EASY, if not better than sitting down with a strat body guitar.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No way is it easier than a strat (for me anyway) but for a Rhoads you have to pretty much hold it like you would a classical guitar when sitting down. In my book it isn't meant to be played sitting down.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

The guy at the guitar shop told me that it's a Stage Guitar.

Comment

The guy at the guitar shop told me that it's a Stage Guitar. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never been able to comfortably sit with a Rhoads, the lack of a long lower wing makes the neck practically rest against my left leg... I much prefer sitting with my KV or a Dinky/Soloist type of guitar, but the Rhoads (or KV) plays much better for me standing, because of the way they hang... just my opinion...
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If you can't stand up and practice for 3 hours straight with a guitar strapped on, you'll never be a good stage performer.
                        You have to build up your back and shoulder muscles to support the weight of the guitar body AND still move your arms/hands. Sitting when you practice usually puts the guitar in a postition that you most likely will not use when performing live (way up under your chin, guitar neck up by your ear, etc), or you'll look very dorky if you do perform live that way, and when you try to use standing up what you've studied sitting down, your hand will be in a postition that you are not comfortable with.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

When I was a kid, I had to have an RR V and played it in the classical position sitting down all the time. These days, as my tastes in guitars (but not music!) have changed, I use str@t types almost exclusively. However, I can attest that every now and again I find myself trying to hold the str@t in the classical position and being disappointed in the result. Then out come the Randy.

If you like playing in the classical position and find it comfortable, then the RR is the best electric to have (also, when you stand, the practice position is not working against you, its easier to get used to). If you do not like that position, then the RR will never be for you.
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I think all of you should buy a warrior. Lotsa spikes + ultra-comfortable playing while seated. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

p.s. i love my warrior!

Comment

Yeah!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

What Zh...Zhi....Zhila...Zhi....uh, that dude said!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Zhilavarius:
                                I think all of you should buy a warrior. Lotsa spikes + ultra-comfortable playing while seated. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

p.s. i love my warrior!
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, the Warrior is the best guitar to sit down and play, and it's also great to play standing... My Warrior custom is one of my favorite three, that's for sure. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X