No announcement yet.

Is the RR1 hard to play sitting down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the RR1 hard to play sitting down?

since the lack of lower wing does it slip off or make it any harder than the king v to sit with(my guitar center doesnt have either so thats why im asking)does it affect how you sit i know its classical position but do u have to sit withit in an angle?

Comment

You cannot sit with a V in the Strat position (i.e. straight out to the side at a 90 degree angle to your head). It is impossible and damn uncomfortable. You have to put one leg between the wings and squeeze your legs together, supporting the guitar with your right leg (for righty players) against your left leg. That is the only way to sit and play a Rhoads, or any V (King, Gibson, etc).
      I suggest you wait until GC or another music store gets one and go see for yourself, sine you don't seem to be taking our word for it, and we own/have owned these models.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
        If you can't stand up and practice for 3 hours straight with a guitar strapped on, you'll never be a good stage performer.
        You have to build up your back and shoulder muscles to support the weight of the guitar body AND still move your arms/hands. Sitting when you practice usually puts the guitar in a postition that you most likely will not use when performing live (way up under your chin, guitar neck up by your ear, etc), or you'll look very dorky if you do perform live that way, and when you try to use standing up what you've studied sitting down, your hand will be in a postition that you are not comfortable with.

Newc
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah? Well, when I'm tired I don't feel like standing up for 3 hours with a guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Plus, when your adrenaline kicks in you can stay on stage for hours and hours and never get tired. That's how it is for me, anyway.

Comment

i love my rr for sitting down. apprently its a pretty divided opioin but for me i play standing with my guitar strapped pretty high. sitting with the rodes on my left leg puts the guitar in almost exactly the positsion i stand with. just tilt her back a bit and it makes for a great straight shot from elbow to fretboard for minimal wrist bending. as far as not using a strap while sitting? what guitar cant be dropped? i always use my strap sitting down with any guitar, for a strat shape its the only way i can get it into positsion to play the way i do standing, and for the v its just piece of mind coz the weight still rests on the leg.
          actually id like to know if anyone else does something ive noticed myself doing now. i get so used to the sitting position on stuff like leads where i had to practice them alot away from the jamroom that now when im standing and i get to said part of song i tend to bend a bit to slip the bottom fin against my leg and dig right in. i find it extremely comfortable and comforting knowing the guitar is not going to move from that favored position at an important time.

[ August 06, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Dr_SaC ]

Comment

errrr right leg that is

Comment

Working...
            X