San dimas Jackson question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San dimas Jackson question

I came across a San Dimas pointy head Jackson single hum strat with Kahler. The guitar is in great shape. Has a maple board and no issues whatsoever. How much are these worth? What would you pay for one?

Re: San dimas Jackson question

personally the kahler kills it for me, if it had a floyd, to me it would be worth more as it would appeal to a lot more poeple as far as re-sale, with that being said i would pay about $400 for it
    jon

Comment

WOW! I thought it would be a little more than that. I was thinking $500 to $600 range. I like it but am not a huge Kaler fan and I have noticed that when people try to sell Kahlered guitars they have a problem getting rid of them.

Comment

and thats the only reason i put that price on it, if it had a floyd, to me it would go up almost double the price just because the re-sale would be better and easier, but if it's for a guitar you personaly like thats a different story, nobody wants to sell a guitar for a loss, you want to at least make it a wash
        jon

Comment

If it really is a SD strat (serial number 1505 or less) and not just an SD-plated Ontario-built strat, it's worth a good deal more than $400. These usually command at least $600 when in good condition. There's one on EBay right now (is that the one you are looking at?). it's already at $400 and still 5 days to go. Expect it to go quite a bit higher.

And many people (thought not most) prefer the Kahlers. I personally love them.

Comment

Berts right. if it is a real San Dimas Jackson it's going to go for a lot more than $400.00. with the Kahler on this one (it looks pretty clean)
            I'm guessing around $750.00-$900.00.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

FYI #1420 is for sale in classifieds section for a very reasonable price (and it has a Floyd)

Comment

Working...
              X