Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying an SL2H

Hello,

I'm new here - been browsing around and glad to find a forum dedicated to Jackson guitars. I'm planning on buying a new Jackson SL2H - trans black I think. I know it comes standard with the Seymour Duncan pickups, but what would be the equivalent EMG pickups to replace these? Sound is in many ways a personal preference, but I'm interested in your opinions on using Seymour Duncans vs. EMGs in the SL2H. Also, does anybody find that the knobs get in the way of the tremolo bar? Thanks.

Regards,
    Ryan

Re: Buying an SL2H

The trem bar sits a little bit higher than the knobs, so I find no troubles with this. Play nearly any Fender or Ibanez with the knobs in approximately the same position to see that it's definitely manageable.

If you need to purchase, hook yourself up with one of our fine JCF Dealers by clicking the Dealers link at the top of the forum! All are great guys and go out of their way to help us forum members.

As for the pickups, I consider them totally different beasts, so I cannot begin to answer that question. But, why would you want equivalent EMGs to replace the Duncans? The key word is "equivalent". If it's "equivalent", why waste your money on new pickups for the same sound? By the way, the Dealers will also probably swap out these pickups for you as well, just ask them!

And welcome to the forum, very pleasant first post to read! Enjoy it here. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Search function, newb! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

^
        |
        |
        |

I predict: ZERO LAUGHS! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Just teasin ya [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Sometimes, not often though, I find that the volume knob is a little in the way of the trem arm, but only at a certain angle. And if the trem arm is angled that way, it's not really a great angle to use when doing trem work anyway...

Otherwise I just have one thing to say: GET ONE!!!!! They're amazing guitars! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

And welcome!

Anders
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I have a 2001 Trans Black SL2H, and it's an amazing player.
            My best all around guitar. Go Get One! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Oh ya, and welcome to the board!
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Welcome to the board. I'm getting a 2001 sl2h from pitboss in a few days and I'm going to swap out the stock jb for either a distortion or dimebucker. I'll let you know how much of a difference it makes. I have emg's in some other axes and love them,I'm just trying to see if I still like duncans or if I'm going all emg's. Great pup for metal(emg)

Comment

Did you see my post about the SL2H in black ghost flames? Not sure if it's still there but it's a good price. I love my SL2H - highly recommend you pick one up!

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post400117

Comment

EMGs will not sound the same as the stock seymores that come in the guitar. If you want that same sound - leave they stock p/u in. I personally think that the stock p/u in my SL2H have a little too much gain for my taste, but I am a big EMG fan and prefer them over most anyother p/u. That said, as was stated, my SL2H is a great player and I will probably keep her for the distance.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I have a set of EMG 81/85's in my 2001 SL2H and it sounds amazing especially for that heavy sound. My little Crate amp seems to have a hard time keeping uo with all that gain coming through. LOL! BTW, welcome!
                    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                    X