Non-beveled / flat top rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-beveled / flat top rhoads?

I've been wanting to add a rhoads to my collection and was wondering if there was ever a USA production model with a non-beveled / flat top and binding (similar to the KE1T model kelly). No pickguard would also be a big plus for my tastes. This is where the MOAIP would really come in handy.

I can't say I've every seen a rhoads like this so I'm guessing it would be custom shop if I wanted one. Any thoughts?

Re: Non-beveled / flat top rhoads?

Custom Shop for sure. I have never seen one like you described.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Definitely custom only. There were pics of an older custom Rhoads like that on a Japanese website, once. I can't seem to find it right now, though.

Add a transparent flame-top and non-recessed Floyd, and you've just described my ideal custom Rhoads. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Might still do it, actually. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, go for the non-beveled Custom and you'll find out real quick why the bevels are there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually, Newc, I already have a non-beveled Kelly. And I can tell you firsthand that it makes not one iota of difference. Especially with body binding. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Very classy look, though.

Comment

I think Newc is saying it's easier on the forearms than a sharp edge.

Comment

I think flat body with bindings will look killer.
              I have a Black Star with Bindings on order.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i hate you.....what kind of specs.

Comment

I have thought about having a double bound body rhoads made for about 10 years now.
                  never got around to it...I think I saw that same bound one on a foreign site as well.. is it the black one ?
                  maybe post pics.
                  newcs right though.
                  the edges would be very sharp on the forearm....

Comment

My KE1T doesn't give me any problems. Actually, I think it's very comfortable. I can't imagine it would be any different than that.

Comment

I think it was dark green or blue. Might've looked black in the pics, though.

Seriously. The edges on my KE2T do not feel sharp, etc. at all. Just as comfortable as a beveled body. And, with the binding, probably a little less prone to dings and chips on the edges.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i hate you.....what kind of specs.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Mahogany neck & Body,Black with White bindings,Speed neck, 24fret,Ebony fingerboard, No inlays,Reversed Headstock with Abalone Jackson logo,2hums, String thru with Old Rhoad Bridge,Black parts, Duncan pickups,small round control cavities for the 3way and volume knob and no belly cut.

Comment

The closest Rhoads to your description that I can think of would be the two custom shops Kevin Easton had made last year. I have one of them, its a flat top because it has the cracked mirror top on it and no pickguard. It doesn't have body binding but then again, no need for that since the cracked mirror is inlaid into the top of the guitar so the body surrounds it in black.
                          And BTW, a Kelly without bevels is very comfortable to play. I don't think the bevels make much of a difference comfort wise.

Rudy
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                          X