New Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fusion

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this one.

I'd been missing my Fusion since I sold it to Joe so when one with a cool graphic that I've always dug came up I jumped on it. Besides my last one came to me w/o the active mid boost and I always felt cheated that I didn't get to play with that feature. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've heard the strange frightening tales of this sort of shipping but I've only personally encountered it once in the past:

Lukcily the guitar arrived intact thanks to the US & Canadian postal services & US Customs who appears to have skipped inspection of this one entirely.

The body is very clean, just the one visible finish check running down from the center pup & some very very minor playing wear.

But it appears that no care/maintenance was *ever* done on this one. The neck and fretboard are dry as a bone, the frets are rusty, and just check out the strings!

Nothing a bit of elbow grease and some sandpaper, naptha, metal polish, lemon oil, & buffing pads won't cure but wow is ever it ugly at the moment! I'm afraid to look in the cavity, if they left a battery in there .... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: New Fusion

Post a pic of the cavity when you open her up...
    I'm anxious to see what is growing in there!
    I have always regretted selling my USA Fusion, great guitars.

Comment

<font color="aqua">I don't know what the hell you're all excited about, most of the pieces are missing! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously bro, I always love that graphic, congrats- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

A little bit of TLC and that will be a beauty for sure. I like the graphic sir.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I love Fusions. Nice graphic!
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Nice packing job - friggin' Canadians.

Sweet guitar.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Can't wait to see it after you get it all cleaned up. I like the graphic. Congrats!!

Comment

It pains me to see a guitar treated that badly, it really does. Open her up, clean her out, and post some pics when she's shining. That graphic is pretty cool too. Nice score!

Comment

Very sweet graphic! Congrats!

Comment

I'm really curious about Fusions (almost bought one on ebay). Can you guys tell me more about them?

Comment

Short Scale (24.75")
                      Mid boost circuit - does like a 'wah' thing with the second knob.
                      Ebony/Sharktooth BoltOn 24 Fret Oiled Neck
                      Pickups are usually J50/J200/J200 on USA fusions.

Anything else guys?

Oh yeah, cool graphic. Hope she cleans up for you!
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Thats the one other graphic I really want. I want another fusion-great score they don't come up very often with that graphic-

Kickass avatar by the way
                        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Gotta love that packing job! I bet you had a few choice words when you saw that get delivered. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice score - hope that cleans up for you.

Comment

Great score, glad it made it safely. That is a scary (non)packing job.

Comment

Well I pulled the covers (along with most of the rest of the hardware) and was relieved to find a shiny new battery. The previous owner says it was played a few times within the last year ... that can't have been much fun. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What follows (for your amusement - comments & suggestions much appreciated) is my my feeble attempt at cleaning up the frets. Here're what they looked like down low (the rust was worse as you went up the neck):

First I taped up the neck to protect it from both the metal polish and the mechanical action of the buffing wheel. I used Mother's California Gold Mag & Aluminum polish on the assumption that any polish safe for coated metals & aluminum would be on the gentle end of the spectrum. It feels very slightly abrasive and is the consistency of paste wax so it's easy to work with.

I applied a liberal amount of the polish to the top & sides of the frets, enough that I could pick it up and move it around with the buffer, then did just that with the dremel set at 8,000 RPM. The polish melts, runs, & turns black when you hit it with the wheel then quickly hardens as you move on to the next fret so I did half the fretboard, wiped that half down then moved on to the second half.

I spent 25-30 seconds on each fret then wiped the whole thing down quickly with naptha, removed the tape, then carefully cleaned the frets & board with naptha. One of the worst-looking frets when I was done:

At this point I cleaned the frets & board again with naptha this time digging the rag along the fret edges hard with a fingernail. By the time I was finished most of the crud on the fret edges and all of the crud on the fret tops and board was gone. A quick lemon-oiling later:

A little fret wear on the first couple of frets but otherwise not bad, not bad at all. Comments? Suggestions? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                              X