New Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Fusion

Wow! I can't believe how it cleaned up! I really didn't think that you would be able to get what looked like to be string grooves to come out of the fretboard. Awesome job!

Comment

wow, what a transformation! That fretboard looked almost like rosewood in your early shots. Nice work!

I take it the Schaller is soaking in a tub of oil as we speak? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Amazing!!

Comment

Fantastic job! I used to have a Deco Dream fusion. I loved that guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I take it the Schaller is soaking in a tub of oil as we speak? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. A couple of the string blocks were rusted so tightly in place that I had to pull the old strings out with pliers. Getting the low E out was actually a bit of a challenge. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The difference is pretty dramatic but moreso on the frets than the wood. All of the pics with the exception of the last one were shot with a flash and that of course tends to lighten ebony up quite a bit.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

OMG!!!
              You really did clean it up so well!!
              Lucky you got that guitar without the neck broken!

Congrats!!!
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh man now THAT'S beautiful. Nice work

Comment

excellent restoration job, and awesome thread with detailed pictures and directions.
                  I've used that mothers polish on hardware before by hand, its a great product. It also dons my cars bits nicely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow!!!
                    From the first pic of the fret board I would never have imagined it would clean up that good. Cool job! Can't wait to see the guitar all back together.

How much did you get the guitar for by the way?

Comment

What a splendid job! Hopes she'll rock you for giving her a new life!

Comment

cool axe
                        great job
                        thats the way my roswell came: case only
                        but shes fine
                        seem like the postal dudes care more if they see a naked guitarcase
                        and if they get a nice handle, they don´t need to throw them

Comment

OMG that cleaned up great! Great thread with step by step directions and pics. Very cool!

Comment

That cleaned up rather nicely bro. Looks great. Thanks for the ideas, they will probably come in handy in the future.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's a nice Fusion! I bought an EX Pro last year. It's the entry-level Fusion, but this one has a full set of EMG's from the previous owner.
                              [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Great work, Brad! And what a killer guitar. I have that "jigsaw puzzle" on a Warrior, you don't see them too much. And thanks for sellling me the "don't smoke" Fusion, I'm happy to report it was VERY clean when I received it! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                                Gotta get away from here.
                                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                                X