Help with USA neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with USA neck

The neck on the left is a Jap Charvel. Notice the heals.

Comment

And the headstock. Note the missing center screw hhole for the truss cover.

Comment

This is thhe best I could do on the serial number. Its a very clear 5 digits "11562".

I bought this from a guy on Ebay "Buy it Now" saying it was a USA neck. Once I spotted the decal I thought San Dimas and hhit the BIN button. Of course his pics or auction said nothing about the serial number or anything else that I'm now finding. I hope someone here can prove me wrong and tell me this is the real deal.

Comment

Hey Joe, I just realized who you were! Although I can't help you here, welcome to the forum bud!

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks Dave. I notice a few people here I've delt with before. Nice forum.

Gad

Comment

The decal looks ok to me, but the trussrod cover thing could have either been an oversight or it might be an employee project. I have a San Dimas Jackson neck with no trussrod cover holes drilled. When I got it, it didn't have tuner mounting holes or neck bolt holes. I've also got a Jackson JTX Professional (Telecaster model) neck that has a more squared end like that.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm starting to feel a bit better. The guy I scored it from says he pulled it of a V body that had a San Dimas neck plate on it. I trust the guy who I have dealt with before. He's not a Jackson Charvel guy. I've also found pics at the Jackson Museum with the squared heal.

The only thing throwing me off now is the serial number. Anybody have a file?

Gad

Comment

So where's this V body? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

He parted it out and sold all the parts. Now sure where it went.

Gad

Comment

Working...
                    X