24 fret USA select RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 fret USA select RR

Has anybody heard something new from this rumour?

When the production starts and what kind of specs this 24 fret RR will have?

Re: 24 fret USA select RR

Nothing confirmed from Jackson headquarters yet. My guess is they will launch the 24 fret RR1 at Winter NAMM.

I'm guessing it will have the basic treatment: 24 frets, 25 1/2' scale, MOP Sharkfin inlays, 2 Hum, 3 way toggle switch, 2 volume & 1 tone, Floyd, Body wings-alder (although I think I would rather it have mahogany), Neck-maple, Fretboard-ebony.

Oh yeah, and no pickguard.

[ August 07, 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Hamner1 ]
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I both hope and belive it will be something like that. I have started to save money for one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Hope they won't ditch the entire idea.

Aaah, 24 fret Rhoads... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] . The ultimate axe ever!
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I hope they offer it in both string-thru and Floyd models. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hope it's not just a rumor since I've been wanting one for years, and was about to stone Fender-Jackson's office windows when I read this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            I hope they offer it in both string-thru and Floyd models. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I hope they don't put an SLS headstock on the string-thru model... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I hope they don't put an SLS headstock on the string-thru model... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True!
              I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

But when will they make the 27 fret Rhoads? Or the 30 fret one? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

When you order it through the Custom Shop! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by BK:
                    But when will they make the 27 fret Rhoads? Or the 30 fret one? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's funny how some folks see a 24-fret Rhoads as some sacrilege. Randy is probably spinning in his grave at those who use his name to argue against progress.

The Rhoads is the only body shape that you can't get in 24 frets in the regular
                    Jackson production series. If you don't like the idea, don't buy one!

If Randy were alive today, I bet HIS Rhoads guitars would be 24-fretters, because he was an innovator and would likely have seen the symmetry of 2 full octaves. Even if he hadn't, he was not the kind of guy to tell others what they should want in a guitar. Read the interviews he left; he was an open-minded
                    and open-hearted guy. I think being diefied and used as a symbol to stop progress in the art of luthiery would have horrified him.

[ August 08, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X