Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion question, which USA model plays/feels the best??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinion question, which USA model plays/feels the best??

Whoa boy, what a question. Assuming you are taling about the overall playing experience (as opposed to just neck profile, or body style), then I would say is you are a str@t man, go try out a properly set up SL2 (two duncam hums). They abolutely rip for a conventional production line guitar. Mine has a thin flat neck and the damn thing is almost to fast [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Also, I have found that I do not like having a middle pickup and the SL2 covers this (I had an SL, as well as conversional fender guitars in the past and have dumped them all).

If on the otherhand, you are into body shapes, then I would say to try out an RR1. These are my favorite (and I would buy I new one if I could justify the purchase at the moment). Cool shape, execent balance, does not have a lot of extranious "horns" getting in the way of things (excellent lower fret access, there is absolutely nothing to get in the way). Also, the shorter lower point actually makes for a great playing sit down guitar once you get used to playing it like a sort of classical guitar with the short point between you legs.

I personally have been into str@t style bolt-on guitars recently for whatever the reason (if you what to go that root, Lee Garver @ GMW guitar can make you the str@t of you dreams for only a little more than what you would pay for an soloist). But IMHO, the SL2 and RR1 really kick @ss. The other thing is that if money is an issue, I have found that if you prowel around music stores like I do, you will come across used Rhoads models and soloists selling for very reasonable prices. I you are going to go this route, I personally would look for a soloist with a "J" serial number, or a Randy that has a serial number below around 2800 as these are the guitars made when Grover Jackson was still affiliated with the company (not that it really matters, but you will see these guitars pop up and for many regular people, these are actually just "old" guitars, especially today with the masses wanting Les Pauls and Fenders)
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

i prefer bolt-ons...esp. old charvels...but any bolt-on with a good flat neck, i'm into...heard good things about the dinky's...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I'm also curious about this. Is the Dinky a faster player than the soloist? also, for me 24 frets is a must, so no RR for me. Hows the neck on the KV2?

Comment

I like the Dinky's.

Comment

Working...
          X