DK1 Arrives - 2003 Catalog / NAMM Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 Arrives - 2003 Catalog / NAMM Guitar

Yep, guys, I pulled the trigger on this one. You know the specs on the DK1, so I won't bother describing them.

It's obvious why they picked this particular axe for the catalog and NAMM. It is a top choice specimen all around. The flamed maple top on it is absolutely killer. Very tight and well defined, one of the best I've ever seen. As you've probably heard before, though, transparent red tends to wash out maple figuring in pictures. (...I wonder why that is? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Anyone know?) In an attempt to do the top justice, I gave a couple of different shots.

For those of you who ...ahem... may not be as comfortable with your manhood, don't be too concerned by the "Raspberry Burst" finish's name. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's a very masculine red-to-black burst. Hard to tell from the pics, but it's definitely a darker shade of red than the standard "trans red" finish. And it has maybe just a very slight hint of reddish-purple as it fades even darker towards the black edges. A very cool new color. The pics don't do the color justice, either. Highly recommended!

Anyway, on to the eye candy...

Re: DK1 Arrives - 2003 Catalog / NAMM Guitar

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] rock on man. I was lucky enough to get the graveyard on the same page. that raspberry burst is wicked cool. I never even played a DK1 before I got mine and now I think my solists are gonna be spending a little more time in their cases. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Mmmmm, nice! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I never cared too much for red guitars, but I've had a boner lately for darker red guitars ever since I got my Carvin DC400, Dinky HX and Ibanez 7. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i had the pleasure of picking that one up at namm...everything you say about it is absolutely treu...shes a killer...congrats on the score...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Guitarded: Cool. But let's not ever tell anyone that our two dinkies were photographed together for a catalog spread, huh? They might get the wrong impression. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW, you know the rules. Pics!

Diablomozart: Did you wash your hands first? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Just kidding, man. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Is it just me,or are the knobs further away from the pickups than in previous years? How does it feel to have them that far back?

Comment

WOW! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Just plain beautiful! I salute you! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Congrats.

Comment

Yeah! That's REAL nice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I love the dinky neck profiles [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

JESSSSUSSSS!!!!! That friggin thing is GORGEOUS!!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Congrats!!!
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol:
                      Is it just me,or are the knobs further away from the pickups than in previous years? How does it feel to have them that far back?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know, now that you mention it, they do look a little bit farther away. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The closer positioning never bothers me, so it's fine this way, too. A bit more of a stretch to do a volume swell, but still well within pinky's reach.

[ August 08, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

[ August 08, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: RR1GGF ]

Comment

P.S.- Forgot to mention that the neck profile on the DK1 rocks ! Speed neck, schmeed neck. This puppy's the slimmest in the J/C lineup. If you love pointy head SD Charvels, the backshape has a similar feel. It's quite the honey. The fretboard - bound and all - is certainly a different thang' than the old Charvies, though. Quite nice still, just different. A cool surprise!

Comment

I got the nebula graphic DK1 from NAMM and the catalogues so it's pretty cool that 3 NAMM dinkys have ended up in the hands of JCFers!
                            Lloyd was great to deal with and even included a letter of authenticity stating that it was the 03 catalogue guitar (my 3rd catalogue instrument!)I do still fancy the green HR flame single hum soloist though!
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                              that must be one of the best looking Dinky's i've ever seen........congrats on a very classy looking guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X