Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Jackson Restoration Pictures (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson Restoration Pictures (Pic Heavy)

Hello everyone, I am finally posting some pictures of my USA Jackson that I had refinished at GMW. The body and neck turned out great. Lee was able to save the logo and "re-black " the headsotck. The body is Off-White and it really contrasts nicely with the neck and hardware.

While the body and headstock were being painted, I rounded up the new parts that I needed and cleaned up everything else. When I got the guitar back from GMW, I cleaned and treated the neck, assembled everything and set it up.

This is my first USA Jackson and it rocks. I might change the hardware color to chrome in the future and try out some more pickups. I did block the trem so that it only allows for downward movement.

Special thanks to Dave (Budman) for the pickup rings, control cavity cover and trem cover. Dave's stuff looks awesome and he was a pleasure to work with! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Here are some pictures of what it looked like before it went to GMW and how it looks today. Sorry about the crappy pictures, we need a new camera and/or I need some lessons!

Full Frontal Picture:

Jackson Assembled:

Jackson Back Assembled:

Body Before The Work:

Re: USA Jackson Restoration Pictures (Pic Heavy)

Wow how long was the turn around time? Looks great like a new axe-enjoy

Comment

that's a perfect guitar. simple and ready for destruction.
      it's nice dude.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Definitely should have put a graphic on her if you sent it to GMW cause that single hum body is just asking for it!

Comment

I love white guitars, but I agree, that body is screaming out for a graphic! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Looks nice. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Very nice. What kind of pup did you put in it?

Comment

Nice. Later route but the simplicity is nice! Glad you saved her!
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I thought about getting a graphic on it, but I was looking at the gallery and ebay and some other guitar collections and noticed that there were not that many single hum White/Off White guitars.

I picked the Off-White because it is not something you see everyday and it gives me an excuse to find another one with a graphic or one I can have refinished with a graphic.

LRGman: It took 7 weeks to get the guitar back from the time I shipped it to GMW.

Parntz145: Right now I have a GFS "Crunchy Paf" in the Jackson. I have been trying out a bunch of pickups and will continue testing different one's. I like the Seymour Duncan Custom and will probably get a Reverse TB-5 sometime soon. The GFS sounds pretty good in it at the moment. I found it on ebay.

Comment

Nice! I love single hum pointies!A true metal machine........
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

It looks great! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Seems very familiar. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Is that the guitar that came free with an esp from ebay or do I have it confused with another guitar?

Chris
                    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Lee is great! I can't wait till he's bacl in business with his new head stock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        It looks great! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Seems very familiar. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Is that the guitar that came free with an esp from ebay or do I have it confused with another guitar?

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is the one that was free with the ESP/LTD guitar on ebay. I was able to flip the LTD the next week and even made a little profit. The extra went towards the paint job, lol.

Comment

Thats a great looking axe! Classic Colors! Awesome! Simple yet elegant! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

That drips with understated elegance. Very tempted to do the same with one of my "beater" guitars.
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I can't believe I missed these pics (but he did email pictures emailed to me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

I wish I could see that bad boy in person [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X