WR-1 unfinished neck joint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR-1 unfinished neck joint?

Sorry if it's been brought up before, but why has the paint finish process changed on the unfinished necks on Warriors? Example: Old style-
    New style-
    What is everyone's opinions? It might feel faster or better, but the new style kinda' looks like hell to me. (not to offend anyone who has one)

Re: WR-1 unfinished neck joint?

I'm with you. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Who cares if the neck joint looks like hell? It's not like anyone's gonna see it when you're playing [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine has the new style and that is not very appealing to me. They should've stuck to the old style, or just paint the neck. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Paint the fn neck.
          That's the only thing keeping me from buying 1 of those.
          To paraphrase Triumph, "It's a great looking neck......FOR ME TO POOP ON"

Comment

I was wondering the same thing when I saw those Warriors - it looks like there's a scarf joint between the neck and body.
            And it looks bad, not good [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

keep the neck naked, they need to start painting that neck joint again though.

Comment

Yeah, I think they should stick to the painted neck joint on the unfinished necks. I know that the finish on the neck's heel can tend to wear off if played over the years but, left unpainted I think the area looks forgotten (i.e. sloppy). Besides, I don't care to see the neck and body joint of my neck-thru body? guitar.....not building 'em like they used to, are they..
                [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

What’s the purpose of the “scarf joint” (not sure what else to call it) at the heel anyway? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The pictures of the Soloists I’ve seen with unfinished necks sanded right to the back of the heel didn’t have the same kind of joint. Does anyone have a picture of a Kelly with an unfinished neck? It would be interesting to see if the Kelly had the kind of “scarf joint”

Comment

I don't think it is really a scarf joint, angled like on a headstock. The neck still goes through to the end of the body. It looks to me like they glued an extra piece of would to the back of the maple neck through to make up for the thickness of the body. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] On the older version the paint just covered this.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X