Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SL2H Bengal

Excellent! It worked.
    This is a RARE moment when not in my arms and plugged into my Marshall....

What a great instrument - really.

Comment

Looks very nice!
      So how do you like it compares to your Ibanez Jem(s)?
      Congrats again!

Comment

Congrats, and welcome to the board!
        Very nice looking gitar!
        I have a trans black sl2h and it is an amazing instrument!
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Congrats and welcome! Love that bengal. It's on my wish list!

Comment

One of my favorite graphics!! Jack.

Comment

On my way to rehearsal. Looking forward to hearing it at volume with the rest of the band.

Comment

OK- Here;s where the tires meet the road:

I got to rehearsal without telling anyone I got the Jackson. They all thought I'd show with my Jem or Universe as always....Wow! What a response. WHAT"S THAT!!?? WHY??!!??
                How does it sound????? they said. The Paint's too loud...they said. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I sorta play all the lead parts and we're all around 50, so some brows were definitely raised as I set up.
                We launched into "Red Barchetta" by Rush and I really wish you guys were there - you would have had a BIG smile as I pummelled Rush with this guitar. It was magic. It cuts like a knife right through the mix even with lush string parts happening and the tone is strong and full with the Duncans in both the treble and bridge positions. I'm not comfortable with the switch location yet... the damn thing seems to get louder as I go up the neck! Anybody else notice this???? I'm straight into a Marshall head on the lead channel so it's not as hot as you Death/Speed metal guys, but it's voiced fantastic for the classic stuff too.
                It was like this guitar was supporting me and pushing me to do more stuff (if that makes any sense).I already love the neck- a little more meat than the Jem thickness-wise, but not a baseball bat.
                Maybe because it's a neck-through, but this guitar vibrates noticably - even at high decibels I still feel it in my gut- very nice and unlike the bolt-on Jem- although there are many similarities between them both- the SL2H just flat out KICKS THE JEM'S ASS> [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

All in all, a great first outing with the Bengal. Clearly a step up in quality, sustain, tone and overall attitude.
                I am now a die-hard believer in these Jackson guitars.

Hmmm....maybe a nice white Rhoads next.... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

And the GAS attack begins [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That is very sweet looking guitar congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I'm with ya, I have been an Ibanez RG guy to the core for 15 years. I took my BC Rich (piece of crap) to do a trade for an RG neck thru and walked out with a really nice MIJ mid 90's string thru dinky (not nearly as nice as your bengal though). I figured I would give it a shot. I am now born again Jackson nut! Now I want more, and more, and more... I played the same new Ibanez neck thru today and man, what a lump. So it has to be a Jackson! Congrats, nice start.

Comment

Very, very sweet. I was watching one just like it over at Drum City Guitar Land. Just checked, it's still there. Enjoy, congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey man, that looks great. I dig bengals in almost any color and yours kicks ass!
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Looks great ..congrats ! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I might have to get me a Bengal just from looking at your pic.
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Nice Bengal, I have exactly the same ax. And like you, it was my first Jackson too. 3 years later I have four Jacksons. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X