SL2H/Mah vs SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H/Mah vs SL2H

Does anyone here own both or compared them. Is the SL2/Mah worth the extra$$.I have a chance to grab one at a good price but Iv'e always been a graphics fan and they don't come that way. How about some feed back. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: SL2H/Mah vs SL2H

I've had both, I preferred the MAH, but honestly I always do favor a mahogany guitar and finishes vs. graphics. Tone wise the SL2MAH seemed a bit smoother and had more solid highs....just more balanced overall. I wouldn't hesitate if your interested, if your concerned about quality etc...it's a USA Jackson=Non Issue.

Comment

MAH, it's the best Soloit Jackson has ever made.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

If you have a chance to grab one at an excellent price, buy it. Is it worth the money? It's up to you.

The MAH is heavier in weight (duh) but sounds good. I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's the best soloist ever, but it's damn good. That and weren't there only like 200 of them made per year?

Comment

I love my sl2h-mah, the neck pickup sounds so smooth, especially with the jazz pickup in there. I've always been a big mahogany fan though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I've always been a big mahogany fan though.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

My CS Soloist I am having made is going to be ALL natural Mahogany [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I love at least the body to be mahogany. I would choose the SL2H-MAH. Good luck-Jack.

Comment

Another fan of mahogany I would go it.

My CS is also going to be made of mahogany.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

^ +1 Mine will be mahogany as well. Go for mahogany.
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Is there much of a weight difference between the 2H and the 2H/Mah?

Comment

-1 here.

I prefer the brightness and crispness of maple/alder over an all-mahogany guitar. Les Pauls get away with it because they have a very thick maple top to provide some bite, but I find all-mahogany superstrats to be kind of dull sounding.

All in what you're looking to sound like, I guess. For classic rock, you might be better off with mahogany.

Comment

The 2HMAH has a flame maple cap. Last I checked though, they had ALL mahogany neck and body, not just the body.

Comment

-1 here.

Leave the sunburst flame tops to Les Pauls. That is what they do best.

Stick with awesome graphics, real MOP inlays, ebony fretboards with the Jacksons. That is what they do best.

Comment

Working...
                          X