Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help ID'ing 1991 Jackson limited edition guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ID'ing 1991 Jackson limited edition guitar...

hello out there JCF experts! here's one i have never seen. a dealer frind of mine has a 1991 limited edition jackson strat head guitar, logoed with a charvel decal, said it's a limited edition of 25 that was made for the european market by the custom shop, strat headstock, rosewood board, swamp ash body, floyd, HSS pickups, "limited edition" inlay on the 12th fret (makes me think japan made)...seems like a nice guitar....but i ain't never seen one like it....have y'all? :-)

Re: help ID\'ing 1991 Jackson limited edition guitar...

it's real...buy it...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Does it look like this?
      http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...ge=LTD1990.jpg

Arpeggio

Comment

Re: help ID\'ing 1991 Jackson limited edition guita

It is USA.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

1. Limited edition are always available worldwide, never "region specific.

A Perfect example is My Charvel strathead, 75 each in trans red and Trans Blue were ordered by (then) distributor Zitrone Musik. They were touted as "limited edition" For Germany only. What they WERE were 75 each red anbd blue CS Stratheads, with an according price.

Reading your post again, I´m starting to wonder if this isn´t actually oner of these guitars. But they do NOT have the "limited Edition" inlay, only MOP Dots...

The guitar in the pic on the other hand is a "real" limited edition, was available all over the world. If that´s what the´s selling, he´s only talking through his ass on the "Europe only" and 25 pcs bits (IIRC there were 50 of those) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            . Limited edition are always available worldwide, never "region specific.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true ..these were unavailable to the states due to the headstock rights.. The only area that was able to get these was the european market ..

Yes it is a real USA.. I've never played one but I've heard the profile is different ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Does it look like this?
              http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...ge=LTD1990.jpg
              Arpeggio

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, that's the one...i may have possession of it this weekend, and will post pics if i do...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true ..these were unavailable to the states due to the headstock rights.. The only area that was able to get these was the european market ..

Yes it is a real USA.. I've never played one but I've heard the profile is different ..

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm...thinner or thicker neck profile? i am just trying to find a good bolt on player guitar for work, and this one looked like a good one..plus i am a big fan of swamp ash guitars. we'll see....

Comment

it's too dang pricey for me...but if anyone's interested, i will hook them up with the owner, PM me...hope you want it BAD though. :-)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, excuse me talking out my ass, then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Althoug I´m pretty sure that this would have been the only limited edition that wasn´t available stateside, or?? All the others I´m pretty sure I´ve seen on both sides of the pond..... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

here's a photo of the guitar that's for sale...i know the dealer, but i am not trying to sell it, just show it to the faithful...

Comment

love that swamp ash baby! if i had the scratch, i'd be playing it right now :-)

Comment

How much does he want for it? PM me his contact data, I might pick it up if you don´t [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Good old Craig Brody....about a grand too high.

Shawn
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Good old Craig Brody....about a grand too high.

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you know it......he's a good guy, really, but his prices can be high. i thought he might give me a deal, after the years i hve known him, but no.....

Comment

Working...
                              X