Repainting Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repainting Price

I was looking to by a jackson that as the iridescent swirl. I hate that paint though, and wondered how much it would cost to repaint it something basic white/black/etc (ballpark. i know it can vary greatly). Would it be worth it, or just wait to find one that has the right paint on it. I own two already, they just need a sister. I really like this one because it has the half moon rout or depression or whatever you want to call it where the neck-thru meets the body of the guitar. One of mine now has this and one doesnt.

Re: Repainting Price

Here's a link to GMW's paint price page....

GMW
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I checked locally last week. I have a guitar that needs complete paint. I am however not doing a color change. That may be more expensive...... They want 300-400. Hope that helps. As far as waiting goes, if the guitar speaks to you buy it and leave it. Sometimes you learn to like something. Depending on what you're getting the guitar for it may not be worth it. I personally like EDS.

I don't think anyone can tell you what to do on this... just common advice.

Good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Check out Paul at big head guitars. Nice guy and not nearly as backed up (at the moment AFAIK anyway) as Lee and GMW. Reasonably priced and does some killer work. He has a website.

GMW does amazing paint ala Mr. Dan Lawrence, but it may be overkill for what you are proposing (I understand that Lee has the ability to shoot solids without waiting for Dan, but I still think you will end up waiting as Lee has been shying away from refin work from random people at the moment).
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I bought a guitar once that i really didn't like the paint on. It never grew on me. I would up loseing money in a tradeon the guitar for one i liked, but it was still cheaper than getting a good paint job. It is almost a shame to change an original USA. Food for thought.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I was looking to by a jackson that as the iridescent swirl. I hate that paint though, and wondered how much it would cost to repaint it something basic white/black/etc (ballpark. i know it can vary greatly). Would it be worth it, or just wait to find one that has the right paint on it. I own two already, they just need a sister. I really like this one because it has the half moon rout or depression or whatever you want to call it where the neck-thru meets the body of the guitar. One of mine now has this and one doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, this would be a "no brainer". Why buy something you don't like and then turn around and have to wait for a refin for who knows how long? My advice is to be patient and find something you're gonna be happy with from the start, especially if something in a basic color will satisfy you. Hell, even most graphics can be found with a lil' shopping around and a dash of patience. I wish ya the best of luck in your hunt! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Probably about 300-400 cause its a neck through. Id just leave it and play it if I were you.

Comment

Oh, wow, I didn't pay attention that it was a neck thru. I wound recommend if you do get it to MAKE SHURE whoever paints it knows what they are doing, its very hard to get one right. Not just any shmuck can do it. Good luck with it!

Comment

Working...
                X