No announcement yet.

Y2KV owners, I have a question for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV owners, I have a question for you.

Does anybody out there that plays a Y2KV have an uncontrollable problem with the guitar making a humming noise? Ever since I bought mine in March, it's been making a constant buzz, even when I play on any amps clean channel. I've had it looked at by two different shops, and one tech said it was a normal buzz while the other said it may be because the electronics cavity doesn't have sheilded paint inside. For clarification, it's not the kind of normal buzz you get when you don't mute your strings properly when playing with lots of gain. It actually still makes noise when I kill the volume on the guitar and roll off the tone knob. Any feedback or suggestions on what to do would be helpful.

Re: Y2KV owners, I have a question for you.

Obviously it's defective....I'll take it off your hands for...oh...$300? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

$300? [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, since you have a cool nickname, I'll go $400

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have never had that problem on my Y2KV.
          It would be best to take it to a reputable guitar shop and have the electronics checked out.
          Or if it is still under warranty, contact your dealer.

Sorry, I could not help much.

Comment

thats crazy dude. As soon as I got mine I noticed it would do that but when I touched the volume knob it stopped. I took it to the shop and they said that it wasnt shielded correctly in the control cavity. It still kind of does it but I dont much care cuz I play metal so you got to expect some noise. I still love it.

Comment

Working...
            X