Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever see Ronnie Montrose's fender/jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever see Ronnie Montrose's fender/jacksons?

not trying to up my post count here, but i have known ronnie for many years. during the mid 90s, i was hanging out with him on tour, and checking out his rig and guitars. he had two "alleged" fender strats, that were logoed FENDER. they felt AMAZING though, and i asked him if they were custom shop or whatever....he told me that grover actually built those for him back in the jackson days, but ronnie wanted them with fender on the headstock, for whatever reason...just wondering if some of you lifers out there have ever seen/heard about these guitars. i tried to get him to sell me one for years....maybe soon :-)

Re: anyone ever see Ronnie Montrose\'s fender/jacksons?

Do you know Matt Mayer?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

thtas a cool story, he's with baker now, too, right?

were his strats uh...normal looking, or did they look modded, other than the way they felt? (I'm seriously asking these questions, i'm not being sarcastic.)

Comment

they felt like a REALLY good strat, sort of like what would happen if you took a strat to charvel, and had it made to play "correctly" :-)

i emailed ronnie about those guitars, we'll see how long it takes him to get back to me...he's a busy guy still!

Comment

haha, prolly, i hear he's doing well, saw him in one of last Year's Guitar One...

Comment

Re: anyone ever see Ronnie Montrose\'s fender/jacks

Those sound really cool. Are there any pics of those floating around the net? Id love to see em.

Kyle G

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Those sound really cool. Are there any pics of those floating around the net? Id love to see em.

Kyle G

[/ QUOTE ]

i just emailed ronnie to clarify what those guitars were, and to see if he would email me pics for the community. we'll see...he's a busy guy as usual. and for you younguns out there...take a listen to that old montrose stuff, it was the BLUEPRINT for van halen...same producer, same lineup, same look, same sound...just a bit of a ringer in a young EVH :-)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

and for you younguns out there...take a listen to that old montrose stuff, it was the BLUEPRINT for van halen..

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] I agree totally!!! How ironic that Sammy ended up in VH...... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                X