RacerX's Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RacerX\'s Soloist

I'd leave the holes and get some sort or WWII Airplane graphic, and let the holes be bullet holes.
    Or you could get a Hot Rod-style graphic with flames coming out of the holes. Something like an insane engine with 6 exhaust pipes running out of it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
      I'd leave the holes and get some sort or WWII Airplane graphic, and let the holes be bullet holes.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a great idea! You could even let them route a smokebomb compartment in the back and connect it to the holes! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans:
        I'm assuming that's Lee from GMW?
        If that's so, judging from what I've seen and heard about him, she'll end up looking better than new!
        Any possibility of getting pictures of the work as it progresses?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gee, Detective Snoogans, the photo is titled
        "Shotgun Soloist at GMW" .... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Whatever work I decide to get done to it will be photographed and posted for your perusal & pleasure! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

WWII Graphic [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I would have Lee retop the body and refinish it back to its original color.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              Or you could get a Hot Rod-style graphic with flames coming out of the holes. Something like an insane engine with 6 exhaust pipes running out of it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know Newc it looks like a bunch of those holes go right into the control cavity , it would look kinda lame , but you could put a mini strob light in there and it would look kinda cool from stage [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Man, those holes are screaming to be filled in with those old B.C. Rich electronics switches and knobs! You can have all kinds of coil tapping, phasing, gain boosters, eq controls and all that fancy jazz!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No holes barred, huh Ron? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously though. Cool guitar and cool finish. i remember it being on e-bay. I'd have the holes fixed and keep the trans blue finish. 'Cuz it's a killer finish.

Comment

Well guys, those were a lot of great suggestions, but I did say I was cheap! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

So, no retop at this time. Joe750 was right on!

Comment

Here's a resurrection for the pic!

Comment

A shredders guitar if ever I've seen one. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Shotgun Soloist as it appears nowadays (EMGs and elec. tape):

Lloyd Grant took this pic. You'd think he'd get the whole guitar in there. I may have even told him "Make sure you get the headstock in there!"
                          [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Damn Gibson players.

Comment

nice flamage on the guitar...flamer. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

kevin
                            the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

I, being an electrician, like the tape idea.
                              It exudes class and manliness.
                              Women love electrical tape.
                              Especially 3M Super 33.
                              That shit sticks to everything.
                              All the real shredders use 3M electrical tape on their guitars.
                              [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

is this guitar your new best friend and are you taking it everywhere you go now, such as to play pool?

Comment

Working...
                                X