Floyd Rose Low Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Low Pro

I need some help here , I have a Jackson Soloist SL-2H I want to install a floyd rose low pro but I have no idea if it will fit, I`ve asked many stores but they have no clue. Let me know if anyone has any info about this.

Re: Floyd Rose Low Pro

Dude, are you the same Morningstar from the Hamer Board? As far as the Floyds go, is the Lo Pro much different from the Original? I have only played Originals and Kahler Pros(which I love just as much as Floyds) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I do not believe they will fit. If its a SL2H withan Original Floyd why do you want to change it? Why mess with perfection, if you only want to change color from chrome, black or gold, replace it with another OFR. The USA Soloist is a top of the line Jackson and there is a reason they put top knotch hardware and pickups on it.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I own an Ibanez RG3120 with the Floyd Rose Low Pro, it`s pretty amazing. I my Jackson`s Floyd Rose because at Musician`s Friend they told me that the Fender Floyd Rose Pro would fit and it didn`t. At some repair shop they told me that the Floyd Rose Low Pro would fit but I need for info about that.

[ August 16, 2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: morningstar ]

Comment

My question is what will you gain by putting a low pro in your guitar? Nothing as I see it the floyd that jackson put in there is what the body is routed for.The low pro floyds will work in the import DK2's JS30's because thy are routed for the larger hardware under a low pro.I put a floyd low pro in an esp lynch kamikazi but still had to do a little body modifications to make it fit.There was an improvment in tone with the real floyd in place of the esp trem but I would leave you OFR right where its at.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The Fender Floyd Rose Pro is the same as a Floyd Rose Low Pro....same trem. The Pro will best fit a guitar that has been made to fit it, like the Ibanez, they have low pro bridges normally. The Floyd it has now is a great trem, give it some time.

Comment

They're pretty much the same. The Floyd Pro is just a lo-pro version that has the short little locking pins on top, in front of the fine tuners. The Original Floyd version has the longer pins coming through the bottom and out the back. I prefer the Original Floyd design better, but both are fine.
              Why you'd want to waste money for another trem that's exactly the same quality and no better than the one that's on there is beyond me. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by morningstar:
                because at Musician`s Friend they told me that the Fender Floyd Rose Pro would fit and it didn`t.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Never ask anyone at MF for tech advice. They don't know their ass from a hole in the wall.

Also, disregard the Fender name as being different from a normal Floyd. They are the same... Fender has owned the Floyd system for awhile now and that's why it will come in a Fender box. Floyds are made in Germany by Schaller, in the same factory as the Schaller trems.

Comment

Now because Musician`s Friends told me that the Fender Floyd Rose Pro was going to fit(it didn`t) I sold the Floyd Rose of the Jackson, I`m so pissed I should sue them. Now I need to buy a Floyd Rose I would like the low pro but if the guitar needs routing I will get the Original Floyd Rose. So Far I have no idea what kind of routing it would I can`t get any info anywhere.

Comment

You sold it?!? Jeez. Call Carvin and order an Original Floyd. It will be the same thing as what you had. No need to mess with perfection.

Comment

Morningstar you would have to rout about a 1/2 inch from the rear trem opening.If you have the low pro place it in the studs and look where the lower springs touch the body.It would b a shame to rout the body.BTW is your low pro chrome I need one,and I have a chrome original floyd (new in box)
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X