Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson mad...

Ok, so im new here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well, ive been playing guitar for over half my lifetime (but im not very old [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
    i started off with a cheap no name strat copy, then i got a mexican strat with a floyd and a H-S-S config, then i got my first proper guitar, a gibson explorer...
    since then, i have been though countless guitars i currently have ibanez models, custom jobs, gibsons, ESPs, bla bla and then i bought a KE-2 from a friend (1982, blue ghostflames) for $650.
    i bought it cause it looked cool... and id never had a jackson. Well , im stoked! This thing is awesome, tone monster, great sustain, wonderful fretwork, really solid build, everything is great. I told him i loved it, he told me i could buy his matching year SL-1, i took him up on the offer staight away.
    this ones pretty rare (i think) , being a pre Erie dess swirl, its turqoise with a light purple burst, but with the swirl texture underneath... might have been a custom, we dont know, but, its old, and in mint condition, he never used it, ever, cause, it had no pups, and no hardware! Now it has a full set of black hardware as on current jackson models, and a sustainer in the neck, and a dimarzio HS-3 in the middle, and steves special in the bridge.
    Guys (and girls) this thing is KILLER!! im converted, i LOVE jackson, and i want to buy MORE!! ive got some money together to get a couple more USA models, and id like some suggestions on the best ones out there, and the finishes which look best on them, i like the look of the warrior, the oiled neck sounds appealing, but the finish options seem limiting, since graphics would look odd... anyways, just wanna say, jacksons rule( [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ), and help me out with my new purchases!

Llexi [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson mad...

I have a '98 Sl2h in black, with dimarzio's, and it ROCKS... Im putting EMG's in it soon if i can find a trade. The sl2h seems to be a favorite around here...

Comment

Welcome to the JCF...

As for me telling you how to spend your money, well, thats something only a woman can do [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Jackson makes/made many different models and for me, each model does play/sound differently. My Stealth is different then my Charvels and the sames goes for my USA Selects. You need to decide whats more important to you, looks---feel--tone--setup and then set your search on your perfect guitar.

Good luck !

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

All USA Jacksons are available in all finishes (except some finishes are reserved strictly for the Phil Collen model - mostly trans finishes that look best on heavy quilt). You want a Warrior in a solid color? They make 'em that color [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And that Soloist sounds like Coral Sea. There were at least two different versions of Coral Sea before Eerie Dess Swirl came out, but there may have been 3. I had an SL-1 in that finish - I thought it was Eerie Dess No-Swirl [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but later found out it was Coral Sea. The only time I ever saw one called Coral Sea before that was a bright 80's pink and blue/purple with the same texture underneath, but it looked more like real coral rock than mine did, and mine had the same three colors Eerie Dess Swirl had, so I figured it was Pre-Swirl [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

hmmm interesting, thanks for the input newc, mebe if i sent you a picture you could tell me if its the same as your SL1 finish was (mine is an SL1 too)

I really want a WR-1 in the red/black blood splatter finish, but its discontinued! *sulks* [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Is there anywhere online i can see a galley of jacksons (not customshop ones) so i could check out that all these graphic finishes actually look like on the different bodies? i mean, how are you meant to choose if you cant see em first! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome!

Llexi [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

have you checked out the Gallery link at the top of the page here? Check out some of the sweet axes owned by our JCF Brethren [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] welcome llexi

Comment

I think I still got a pic of mine:

I sold it to a fellow JCF'er - Charvel750. I liked it, but that particular guitar just wasn't "me". I recently picked up a 1990 Professional (Japanese) Soloist that is me, though - just needs a graphic and the neck refinished [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

As for seeing pics of different graphic options:

http://www.autumn-frost.com/album

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It's certainly not got all the available finishes, but some less common ones. The Gallery as well as the Archives at Jacksonguitars.com should cover all the rest.

Newc

Comment

Originally posted by R.Llexi.Leon:
                    I really want a WR-1 in the red/black blood splatter finish, but its discontinued! *sulks* [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome to the JCF! Anyways have you seen this:

Online Stage Gear has them. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

newc, after reading this thread and clicking on your album link, i saw the king crimson bass in there. i was at ed roman's site after another thread and he's got that bass and wants 2k. ain't that an bit steep?
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

aah thanks! *checks out online stage gear...*

and nope, my soloist looks absolutly nothing like that coral reef thing... it really is a swirl without the rings of colour, just turqiouse with purple fading in from the edges, and i think its a 1982 or something.. i forget exactly.

Damn... they only have it in white/red with emgs... i like that duncan set... arg, i guess one day a red/black one will show up...

Comment

I think you got your years wrong, Llexi. 1982 is very early in Jackson's history - they didn't have numbered model designations til later (mid 90s I think). Eerie Dess also. Early USA Kellys were called Custom or Student and I believe they weren't sold until 1985. Maybe yours are from 1992? Supply serial numbers and we'll tell ya!

Welcome!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

1982...1992... whos counting [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

lol, you're right im sure... i just remember the year '82 for some odd reason... i dont know much about such things... the guitar is at a friends studio in S.london atm, when i go there in a few days to bring it back here ill let you all know the serial number and maybe someone could help me out [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Llexi

Comment

I had a 1991 Fusion in that Coral Sea color, it was a sweet guitar and in awsome condition, only problem was i couldn`t play the Thin/Flat neck [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I traded her away for a Marty F. Kelly and found I missed a Trem, so I sold that and have been working on finding the ultimate necks and have found them in my Soloists [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X