Stolen KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen KV

I bought my first Jackson in 1989 at Guitar Center Hollywood. A pearl white KV (USA) with a Floyd, two Jackson hum's, three way switch, vol, tone.

In Jan 1991 it was stolen from my car.

Here's a picture of me playing the guitar at a club in Van Nuys circa mid-late 1990:

I think I may have the original manila tag that may have the serial on it.

If you had the guitar stolen from you, would you ask around about it in a place such as this?

I mean, if it ever resurfaced, would you pursue getting it back after 12 years???

Opinions please.

Thanks much.

Vince L - PROTOTYPE

Re: Stolen KV

You should get it back Vince. Guitar thieves suck.
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

i agree...plus it's very pretty...always liked white king v's but never owned one... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Did you report it stolen when it was?

If so, you should definitey try to get it back if you can find it.

Thieves suck, and I love the look of white KV's too.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If you reported it stolen then, it might be worth a shot. If you didn't I suspect there is little you could do.

Instrument theives are the lowest of the low. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

If it was me, I'd definitely pursue it till I got it back or I died. It's still your guitar that was stolen, and will always be yours because you didn't sell it or give it away.
            You wouldn't happen to know the serial # would you?

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What Newc said. Always try to get it back. After all, it's not like you gave it away or anything so it is rightfully yours. Chase the bastards to hell and fro.

Comment

I did report it stolen to the local police department. They took fingerprints of my car and the whle 9 yards.

I'm going to look for that tag and see if it had the serial on it. I even still have the back cover for the springs.

Comment

By all means, get it back. It is rightfully yours. The odds are that the person who has it now is probably not the one who stole it, but ya never know and it could lead back to the original thief who rightfully belongs in jail.

Matt

Comment

thats a awsome guitar you gotta get that back

Comment

That guitar has probably changed hands a few times. Let's say you do find it, how are you going to get it back from its current owner, who may be far removed from the thief?

I'm not even sure how you can tell if this is your old guitar w/o the serial number?

Comment

I definitely need the serial, no doubt about that. If I can't find it then I'm sure Jackson must have records of sales dating back quite a while if not from the beginning. it would be under my name and my address at the time, via the store that bought it. I registered the guitar and got a letter signed by Grover and a shirt (same as in the picture) in the mail.

As far as "removing" it from its current owner, if found, well... I don't know how that works and if there's a statute of limitations on stolen goods.

This is why I'm asking. In any case, I'm sure that if I posted the serial and someone had it in their hands that they'd keep their mouths shut.

[ August 19, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: KV7EDS ]

Comment

Yeah, hunt it down! Just for the record, my white 1989 King V is J5054, and it doesn't have a matching headstock. Interesting story on it, by the way: it was ordered by Jim Glinsky in March of 1989, and he even had his name plated into the trem cavity plate. Unfortunately, he sold it about five years ago and then regretted it. The guitar changed hands a few times, I eventually bought it, and this summer he just happened to see it in the Gallery. So he emailed me and we are working something out whereby he'll buy it back. I hope you find yours as well.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I SURE AS HELL WOULD!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

OK!!!!!

I'm in the process of moving and I found the manila tag and letter I got from Jackson...

Here they are:

So, if anyone's ever seen a white King V, 22 frets, single vol and tone with two hums with this serial.... IT's MINE!!!!! LOL

Extremely unlikely but you NEVER know. I was really happy to find this stuff. Notice the sig from Grover by his own hand, a collectible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X