Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one of the coolest finishes ever on a jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one of the coolest finishes ever on a jackson!

ok guys, i have been going through the "archives" lately to dig up some pics of all my old "girlfriends"...where are they now? if you have one of my old ones, send me PM and say hello!

this bass was a total custom order by my bassist, rob. he literally sent a pair of board shorts to the custom shop, and told them to make his bass just like his shorts...it was supposed to be with sharkfins and binding, but they screwed up and make it a dotneck, so they cut him a deal.

i am flanking him with my beloved dweezil green 86 jackson bolt on...loved that guitar, even though it had the worst tremelo ever (was it the 590 or the 580???)

i think we were actually playing "you're in love" by ratt....we are in D for sure :-)

and i know it appears like looking at rob in a totally homo way, so fire away....but i'll post some pics from the 80s one day with some girls that will make you laugh :-)

Re: one of the coolest finishes ever on a jackson!

Cool pic!
    That trem looks to be a JT-6.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

yes, the infamous JT6 -- i got STUCK with those when i ordered my guitars in 86.....i wanted OFR all the way...at least they weren't kahlers...

i hated those damn trems. sure wish i had that dweezil green jackson again, it was a gOOD ONE, tonally alive and rich...best one i had from that era. i had a lot more photos of early charvels, but they got lost or thrown away, i can't find them all :-(

Comment

i just had a thought...is this the first ever BIKINI BEACH without the cheesy girl? this was ordered in 1985....

Comment

Interesting finish, not something I'd go for myself, but definitely cool. I like how he sent Jackson a pair of shorts.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, I'm assuming your shirt says "Duck" right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Can we take your pic and add our own captions of what we think may have been goin' through your head? j/k [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Looks like good times either way. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Can we take your pic and add our own captions of what we think may have been goin' through your head? j/k [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Looks like good times either way. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually that would be pretty funny, cause it's a pretty stupid looking pic. this was early 1986 at the Volley Club in Tampa....woohoo! so caption away!

Comment

is rob doing his best juan crocier or what? he got ALL the chicks...i always got other guys asking me what kind of strings i used :-)

interesting fact..that shirt says what you think it says. i had just gotten back from pensacola, and had done a gig with The Leaving Trains...some wild punk band, and that was one of their shirts.

notice the BIG purple picks, one is in the headstock of the green guitar. this was post the "warren D stainless picks" era...my orthopedic surgeon is a guitarist himself, and when i got the tendinitis, he recommended going to these fatter picks...which helped a lot. also, i started playing less notes, which helps a lot too :-)

dig those acid washed jeans. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

the band was called "rag doll"...some members were in a band with kenny mcgee from Julliet, they did an album with Beau Hill producing (ratt, among others).

rob went into advertising, and has never been heard from since. i wonder if this bass is sitting in his closet some where out there?

still, i think this is one of the coolest examples of early jackson custom shop work. have you ever seen an earlier graphic like this on any jackson instrument? i think rob inspired the bikini beach line!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  yes, the infamous JT6 -- i got STUCK with those when i ordered my guitars in 86.....i wanted OFR all the way...at least they weren't kahlers...

i hated those damn trems. sure wish i had that dweezil green jackson again, it was a gOOD ONE, tonally alive and rich...best one i had from that era. i had a lot more photos of early charvels, but they got lost or thrown away, i can't find them all :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey watch the kalher dissin'! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Some of idiots actually like them (and a good flat mount buries the JT-6!).
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I gotta say, I liked all the other guitars you posted but that thing is ugly as hell!

Comment

I wouldn't say it's ugly, but it *does* remind me of a pair of Hobie board shorts. Which I suppose isn't terribly suprising given the inspiration for the design. Oooh, or those VeeDub t-shirts that were the rage in the 80s with the dayglo sillhouette of a Bug, surfboard on the roof, in front of the setting sun...couple of plam trees. Anyone else remember those?

Comment

Working...
                      X