Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

purple bengal jackson, ever seen one like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: purple bengal jackson, ever seen one like this

i'm just a survivor man...been playing since 5, touring at 16, and rehab at 36 :-)

i'm grateful to be alive, to realize that i'm not god, and to take things a lot easier than i used to.

plus, i save a lot of money being clean and sober!

here's a good reason why i'm generally a happy guy....look what i got for my fortieth birthday last year :-)

Comment

by the way, she's 22...and they were real [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: purple bengal jackson, ever seen one like this?

[ QUOTE ]
        OH! I am sorry to hear that...
        You should have gone with the hot girl in the pic.
        She seems nice though.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So your guitar is that Soloist showing in other thread?
        It seems that you prefer Bolt on neck guitars though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i bought the gold soloist from "archtop"...i am trading it to charvelmoose up in PA for a bolt on modded San Dimas charvel to use as a player....should be here soon, full report and photos when it arrives, i hope it works out as my "player"

Comment

Re: purple bengal jackson, ever seen one like this?

Coolness,can't wait to see the pics!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            you get a record company advance and start buying guitars, and chicks get ALL bent out of shape :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, when you start buying gear, equipment, guitars and etc. They wives get freaked and start flipping out.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              by the way, she's 22...and they were real [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The guitar is alright, the pants are a riot, and the chick...well, other than the calves, she's alright. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All of these pics your posting of the 80s sure take me back. To my first marriage. {shudder}

Comment

the guitar was really cool...for some reason, i am thinking this was another one ordered in mahogany. the eternal search for brown sound with floyd/kahler. there's a reason why people like the Vtrems...tone!

marissa is such a sweetie. but i'm really trying to date women closer to my own age these days. i realized that a few years ago, i was with a 23 year old, and was on my way to finally meet the great jeff beck. i told her i was going to meet "beck", and she said "oh yeah, i love that song "loser" ".....ouch.

and jeff was beyond cool to me. i know jennifer batten, so she hooked me up. she played almost as good as he did, doubling his lead lines, and also running a MASSIVE two rack system, each rack was like 5 ft fall! MIDI, bradshaw, synths, etc etc etc...she blew me away that night, one of the best players to ever back jeff.

Comment

she looks a little worn for 22, but hey, a hummer is a hummer. i am in the lost guitars club with you charvette, oh am i ever in that club. sukks don't it? i thought that was you at rehab.-lol. been a guest there a few times. anyway, nice axes you used to have . chicks are brutal at times, so juicy at other times. glad you're happy and things are good.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

ah well, rehab beats death/car wrecks/addiction/insanity by a long shot :-). if you or any of your friends are in a bad place with all that stuff, and you have some sort of credits on records or in the biz, there's a great organization for musicians only -- Musicians Assistance Program in Los Angeles. And Musicares from the Grammy people. god bless them all....

it's a really bad photo of her, i had just cracked a joke and she was laughing. she's amazing in person!

you have to be able to get back to that feeling of being in your room with THE GUITAR...the one you worked all summer to pay for, sit down with your record player, and learn.

i got to the point where i never played at all unless there were $$$ involved.

i think going from playing for 20,000 people at european festivals, then coming back to redneck florida and playing in the same bar again for the same 20 drunks kinda freaked me out.

lots of guys around here are like that though, especially in the death metal scene. they are GODS in europe, but over here, they are pumping gas at the Circle K :-)

at the end of the day, if you really want to be a professional musician, you have to resign yourself to the fact that you may end up playing a lot of gigs and music you really didn't want to play...just to get by and survive.

a recent meeting i had with a "spiritual type" person was interesting...he said that "life is a gradual journey from NO to YES"....acceptance of what IS at that moment, and acting accordingly. by accpeting it and moving on.

damn, that was getting kinda buddhist of me.

Comment

i can't play a guitar without a shot of dope in me. it's been two years of no playing for me. i just got too used to playing like that for years and years. i'd love to play again but lack of equipment and lack of fire has pretty much gotten the better of me. i just can't play anymore.
                        it sucks. somedecade, i mean someday i'll pick it up again. losing my best charvel kinda was the last straw. this thing was my 3rd arm. i slept with it, carried it everywhere with me. brought it to the office, it was my son, brother, pal, everything. and it's been gone for almost 2 years and i was never the same after it "left".
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

well, i have a friend who has been clean and sober for over 17 years, and he STILL will not listen to pink floyd...

i have other outlets, such as composing the ambient electronic music, playing blues, doing solo acoustic gigs, etc...

losing THAT guitar has to be a drag though...i have had a lot of good ones, but never THE ONE....been that way with the women too!

wayne kramer was kind enough to hang out with me at the last NAMM show i went to, and he's someone i look up to who managed to get it back together and stil plays AMAZING...plus, he has a great outlook on life and music.

i am waiting for a 1985 san dimas charvel this week...come on UPS!

Comment

All these stories are the reason that every single one of my guitars will go in a prenup if I ever get married. If she can't live with that, then she is not the right one. I've seen or heard of too many guitars being sold off to pay for a divorse, and I am determined that that will not be me. My '87 Soloist is like part of my body, and no ex-wife is going to part me from my "first wife".

Comment

1st one i left unscathed, really

2nd one my manager was sly enough to keep me out of...it's a long story :-)

3rd one got me for everything i owned, except the clothes on my back and HER car...which was a P.O.S.

and after she had all my stuff, and it was all sold/pawned/etc...she stole two guitars that didn't belong to me, and sold them as well. nice girl :-)

atomic charvel guy....that was SOME coolection you had put together! i know the feeling of seeing them all leave. but life is like that, ride the highs and maitain during the lows...it comes and goes. sometimes the good ones come back to you :-)

Comment

My girlfriend and I got into a fight this weekend, and she told me if I walked out the door, she was going to break all of my guitars. Imagine her surprise when I picked her up, walked out the front door, and locked up behind me. Boy, was she pissed...

Comment

Working...
                                X