Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tye dye 1991 soloist custom, solid mahogany!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tye dye 1991 soloist custom, solid mahogany!!!

in our never ending quest down here to have a fatter sounding jackson, i present to you another of my old guitars...this was custom ordered in solid mahogany, with factory EMGs and OFR tremelo. it cost $3500....damn thing was too heavy, but it HONKED for sure.

so....someone out there has this sucker..wonder if they even know it's mahogany?

damn, i look EXCITED....this is what happens when you play a white trash country bar in lakeland florida for six weeks straight...or maybe it was just the tequila!

Re: tye dye 1991 soloist custom, solid mahogany!!!

That is sweet bro!! The only thing different I would do is the headstock, I would go regular. It`s funny you should mention mahogany, I am ordering an all natural mahogany Soloist!! Jack.

Comment

WOW!
      Mahogany Soloist and reversed headstock with mathcing head color?
      That must be one of a kind!!

Comment

i have that serial number written down in an old book somewhere...that guitar is indeed one of a kind, we ordered it that way. it may still be local, if i ever see it again, it will be bought immediately :-)

it really was a fat sounding soloist. we also tried that scheme with the recent red single hum maple neck jackson that somebody backdoored on ebay. that guitar was a bolt on experiment in EMG with mahogany.

we were dropping the mad jackson/charvel science down here in tampa...i'm just glad i was there and got to own a few of them over the years!

Comment

whatss on the other dude's nose?

Comment

that's his microphone....that is actually jimmy caulk, an AMAZING bassist who still lives here. back in the late 80's, he bought a realy vinnie vincent double V jackson from thoroughbred, kept it for a year, then traded it back in...wonder where that ended up?

jimmy played a few tunes on my first and second records, and is still around here somewhere....

Comment

I like the tie dye better than the hollowflake fusion! Very shweet. I disagree with Jack, though, the matching headstock is the whip.

Comment

Working...
              X