Help??? Identify U11573

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help??? Identify U11573

OK I am not an expert at this. I know 100 people have asked for help identifing their guitar (SORRY). I really wan't to know where it was made and what year. Was this serial pre-fender or post fender.

Any help would be great.

Re: Help??? Identify U11573

Made in Ontario. U10000 was a snakeskin Soloist in 2001 (or 2000?), so yours came after that.
    I think it was pre-Fender, but that won't affect selling price as Fender has not made any changes to Jackson's building process. There's more difference between the last SD Jackson and the first Ontario Jackson than there is between the last AMIC and first FMIC Jacksons.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey! Hehe, what a coincidence, I have U11571... it's a black SL2H with 9/27/02 as final inspection date. So that would make it a "pre-fender", not that I think it matters a bit, since there's no difference between them, just like Newc said!

Anders
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

NP! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

matt, what are the differences between the last san dimas jackson and the first ontario? i have a san dimas plated ontario and i'm just curious.
            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Peabuddy the routes are different, the trem is USUALLY jackson not kahler or OFR. the tuners are logo'd W/angled tabs. to be more specific the single coils no longer have the tab routed at the bottom, the control cavity is larger D kinda shape (tho smaller SD shaped ones do exist) the knobs & switches are in different places volume stays the same tho.

Comment

Actually, Matt was being sarcastic about the differences in the last SD and the 1st Ontario. There were virtually NO CHANGES for at least a few months. An early Ontario was likely built with the San Dimas parts that were shaped/crafted in Glendora. Eventually the differences would become slightly apparent, but in the beginning you'd be hard pressed to discern the two. In fact, Jackson used the San Dimas neck plates clear through 1989, some 3 years after the move!
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

well my ontario is a bass (as are ALL my guitars)but it was built in march 87 according to the dates written on the neck and body.are the cavity routes the same for basses and does any one have pics of the different routes?
                  The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                  X