Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS THERE GOING TO BE A JCF-YCE ANYTIME SOON??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS THERE GOING TO BE A JCF-YCE ANYTIME SOON??

Admins:

Is there going to be a Jackson USA anytime soon for JCF members??

I think it is a totally kick a$$ idea and wish I had gotten in on the ball game for the last ones.

If this thread has been here before, I apologize in advance.

Thanks.

Re: IS THERE GOING TO BE A JCF-YCE ANYTIME SOON??

Nope. The YCE is officially dead!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
      Nope. The YCE is officially dead!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Death to the enemies of the HORDE! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well this just blows!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

That is a totally cool idea...a shame to let it die....

Oh well....maybe it will happen in the future.

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Strangletooth is selling his JCF01 in the Classifieds right now for $1600. Email him!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
            Well this just blows!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

That is a totally cool idea...a shame to let it die....

Oh well....maybe it will happen in the future.

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It wasn't just "left to die," though I don't know all of the details and I don't know if most people are willing to discuss them, since it still seems like a sore spot. As far as another one, with this board's generally negative attitude toward FMIC (read the OSG post), I wouldn't hold my breath.

[ August 19, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: JimmyApollo ]

Comment

Dang that edit function time runs out fast!
              Sorry, Pat sold the JCF01 Rhoads!

Brian

Comment

Damn...I understand the everybody (for the most part) is disgruntled about the whole FMIC deal with Jackson, but damn, this doesn't mean that none of us will ever purchase another new Jackson again.

I don't really like the idea, I think it is $hitty that Matt lost his Jackson deal.....but eventually things will calm down.

I didn't mean to dredge anything up....I wasn't around for the last YCE's.....

I apologize.

Comment

The premise behind the JCF YCE projects were to recreate historically important Jacksons, and obtain them at USA Select prices. The 1st and only year appeared to go great until people received their guitars (some had flaws). I did not get in on this project, so I don't know the specifics of what the Flaws were. But it sounded like their were different issues with the different guitars. That was one issue, then 2nd year, of the YCE, the JCF was disrespected/pissed on/etc etc by DF'nW as I understand it. I'm not sure of the full details, but as I remeber it the price was no longer going to be USA Select prices and the special JCF YCE serial number sequence would not be allowed either. I believe there were other issues that also killed the project.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

That's a decent summary. It was dead long before Fender came along.

Comment

Yup, who knows though. We are open to the idea if we can get everyone to work together to make it happen...so far it's been no good.

Comment

Maybe now that Duck F'n Wade is out of Jackson we could start talking about it again, though I would rather OSG had the deal this time around, since the previous dealer was also cited for being "in" on the cause of the YCE series' demise.

Even then, part of the series centered around model-year - JCF01-2001, JCF02-2002, etc, though it would still be nice to have the Robbin Crosby Tribute Big Red that was slated for JCF02.
                        [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

While at the moment it is dead in the water it is not totally out of the question for it to be resurrected in the future. It was mentioned to me that the Fender reps were pro forum, as can be seen by the fact that Brian McD stops in here constantly. Brian and the new Jackson marketing director want Jackson/Charvel to be a sucess and something to be proud of .. it's not totally out of the question ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

If another run is a possibility, I'm in.

Brett

Comment

I can't speak for the Jackson deal, but Fender worked with the Fender Discussion Page a few years back to make a special FDP edition USA Stratocaster, then a year or two later with a special FDP G&G case with custom colored lining (I have one of these). I figured it would help to show that Fender does care about the forums and have done special projects for them in the past.

Comment

Working...
                              X