My Chlorine PC1 arrived yesterday. Here's a pic for y'all:

More Pics:
    Full view of back
    Back of body
    Back of headstock
    Close up of body front
    Front of headstock
    3/4 view of body

The PC1 has the fattest neck I've ever played on a Jackson, but it's not objectionable by any means. I was really surprised, but the lack of fretboard inlays didn't throw me off at all. She's a bit bright sounding when the distortion is raging, so I may try a Seymour Duncan TB4 in the hum position and see what that does. Opinions on that, anyone? The clean tones are really nice, esp. with the Jackson sustainer pickup.

Thanks a heap, Matt!

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: My New PC1, Courtesy of OSG

That's a really beautiful guitar yuuo got there!

Congratulations dude. Now go playin' her like you stole it!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Nice one. Congrats! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Personally, I really like the Dimarzio Super3. I'd keep it.

And - whoa! - when did they start painting the backs of the bodies? That's new. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Used to be clear showing the natural mahogany, maybe with a light brown tint.

Comment

NIce guitar. The Super3 is a very under-rated pickup IMO. If you think it's bright now, if you put a TB4 in there it's gonna sound much brighter....look at the EQ charts on Dimarzio and SD websites.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Shreddermon: you can still see the grain on the back of the body, so it looks to be a very dark blue stain as opposed to paint. I personally like that better than the older style of the clear coat only on the back. I'm not big on natural finishes.

ranalli: Thanks for the tip on the TB4. Any suggestions for a "darker" sounding pickup?

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Nice!! I wanted chlorine but ended up with solar. I thought the super 3 was too brittle in mine, so I tried the JB, and surprisingly it wasn't as bright. It sounds really good. Try it, if it sucks just take it out. But be careful because the pickup connects to the circuit board with a little socket thing that you have to cut off and attach to the new pickup.

[ August 20, 2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: MD ]
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

oops double post

[ August 20, 2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: MD ]
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL:
                Shreddermon: you can still see the grain on the back of the body, so it looks to be a very dark blue stain as opposed to paint. I personally like that better than the older style of the clear coat only on the back. I'm not big on natural finishes.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't get me wrong, I like it too. Wish they had been like that all along. I don't mind the natural mahogany look, but I think your version is a bit of a visual improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
                  NIce guitar. The Super3 is a very under-rated pickup IMO. If you think it's bright now, if you put a TB4 in there it's gonna sound much brighter....look at the EQ charts on Dimarzio and SD websites.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. I'd probably go with a DiMarzio Super Distortion or a Tone Zone.

BTW, kick-ass guitar!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'm eventually thinking of getting one in Mocha. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ August 20, 2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My PC1 has the matching color stain on the back too. Except it is Root Beer. I was surprised when I got it, because I thought it would just be a clear coat. I like this way a lot better. And, keep the Super 3 in it, they are awesome pickups.
                    Oh, and I forgot to congratulate you...awesome guitar. I almost bought that same guitar!
                    Brian

Comment

Yeah, lovely guitar, the PC1's could be my faves with a few changes, I don't care what everyone else says, I want dots dammit, just plain black dots. I like the contrast against the maple...and it's good to see they are staining the backs...they did it with the Archtops of old, Les Pauls do it, it can be done....looks much better....

I wonder why the MIJ Charvels can have the old PC1 headstock but the PC1 had to change it to this one?...

Comment

I love that color [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] You could try the Custom 5 or even more bass with the `59, the c5 falls tonally between the `59 and JB, the JB beeing the brightest. Jack.

Comment

Congrats! I want one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
                            I wonder why the MIJ Charvels can have the old PC1 headstock but the PC1 had to change it to this one?...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gene, I've wondered that same question for a long time now. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Anyone know the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
                              Yeah, lovely guitar, the PC1's could be my faves with a few changes, I don't care what everyone else says, I want dots dammit, just plain black dots. I like the contrast against the maple.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree and furthermore I would love to have
                              ebony shark fins on the maple neck.

Comment

Working...
                              X