Broken SLATQH-Need Advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken SLATQH-Need Advice.

My 6 week old SLATQH has a crack in the neck. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Since it has been 6 weeks since I bought it, it has to go to a Licensed Fender Service Center - Gold Level. Any advice on how to push them to replace the guitar? They wouldn't try to repair it, would they? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Broken SLATQH-Need Advice.

If it is pretty bad dude, I would be pushing for a replacement, unless they can fix it properly, and give you some money back. Jack.

Comment

Wow, that sux....do you have any pics of the damage?

Comment

Nothing to take away from our own builders & repair guys here on the forum but I was at one time going to buy a Jackson Winger that was cracked in the neck, the owner sent it to the guys at GMW guitars and they did an awesome job at repairing it.

Comment

No offense, but only 6 weeks old? Depending on how bad the damage is, I would be pushing Jackson to have that guitar replaced, not repaired. Unless the owner were to do something really stupid, like dropping it or way overtorquing the truss rod, there's no reason a 6 week old guitar should crack its neck. Wood does funny, flukey things sometimes so Jackson didn't necessarily build a faulty axe. Nontheless, on a guitar that new, it should be their liability and they should be willing to step up and replace it.

...You want an example of good customer relations in this respect? Back in `86, I got my first custom ordered Jackson. A few months - yes, months - later, the paint started chipping in a couple of spots for no good reason. I brought it to the dealer, who was no help. So I wrote to Jackson complaining. Soon after, I was contacted to bring the guitar in to the dealer, who would ship it off to Jackson to refinish at no expense to me. They even let me pick a different color! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ August 21, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

My worrying was all for nothing. FMIC has agreed to replace the guitar with another one from DrumCityGuitarLand. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] My hats off to Music Technology which is the Fender Service Center in Springfield, Va. The luthier there, Jim, really went to bat for me with the folks at FMIC. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] So, I will be receiving a brand new Trans Green SLATQH. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Uh, I would be pissed if I had a 5 year old guitar that developed a crack in the neck. That is not supposed to happen, ever. Metal rusts, pots go bad, plastic discolors, etc. but necks are not supposed to develop cracks, under normal use and enviro. conditions. I would accept a replacement only, nothing less. Your guitar is still brand new; new means perfect. That doesn't even fall into the category of scratch n' dent, thats a flat out defect.

Comment

Oop...you posted your solution while I was typing my post...alls well that ends well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X