Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural finish KE2

Hey!

I was checking out the bay yesterday and saw a beautiful Natural finish KE2. I would link to pics but I dont know if thats allowed.

Then I found one on the vwall site also.

I've never seen a Kelly in such a sweet natural finish and it blew my mind. I got rid of a soloist a few months back, one of the all black SL2's that I had to let go in order to free up some funds for an emergency. The neck on that thing was beautiful and I was wondering how similar the neck on this Kelly would be?

Also have you guys seen many of these natural finish KE2's around or are they kinda rare?

Another question I had was "if" I wanted to change the electronics to EMG's would there be enough space in the back to perform this task? Or would it be kinda tight?

Thanks for replies in advance. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Natural finish KE2

I guess the neck on the Kelly is a little bit thinner than the soloist also you can compare on the jackson website , the dimensions are given there.

Comment

Thinner than the soloist?

Thats amazing, sorry for not checking with the Jackson site first.

I will check that out now.

Thankyou.

Comment

Soloist:NECK DIMENSIONS 3rd Fret: .790”, 12th Fret: .850”
        Kelly: NECK DIMENSIONS 3rd Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .835”
        So its only a bit thinner.

Comment

LOL I just finished checking that on the site.

I'm pretty amazed that its even that tony bit thinner as the Soloist was so damned fast anyway.

Looking at the pics of that Kelly kills me as I really dont know if I should splash or not.

This is the worst gas I've had in months.

Comment

Yeah Kellys are nice especially the KE1s. Hoewever not easy to find them in good condition.

Comment

Yeah I saw one on the bay last week in black but it had a pretty nasty headstock chip.

Didnt there used to be a USA Kelly model that came in string thru?

Comment

KE1T and KE2T
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

But they dont make these anymore?

Comment

Nope.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There is a Custom Shop Korina Kelly at DCGL which looks very nice.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He still has the Death Angel archtop on his page as well. Are there two of those now?
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He still has the Death Angel archtop on his page as well. Are there two of those now?

[/ QUOTE ]
                          I have no idea.
                          I believe Matt's one is a new one and the one at DCGL is the one from NAMM... then Matt said his was from the NAMM..
                          I have a headache today and need couple of Tylenol now.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah I saw the korina Namm guitar but I dont like the inlay and that one is a limited run so its probably more expensive than the alder natural finish.

And I love the flame on the alder also.

Comment

Sorry to bump this back up.

Are KE2's neck heavy? I heard a friend say he had one once and that it dove towards the ground a lot.

Hopefully nothing a good leather strap couldnt fix right?

Comment

Working...
                              X