Gig bag for Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gig bag for Rhoads?

Anyone know if there are any gig bags that would fit a bolt-on Rhoads? I've seen Gibson V gig bags from time to time, but have no idea if they'd work. I'm looking for something with a fair amount of padding, but lighter than a hardshell case. Suggestions?
    sigpic

Re: Gig bag for Rhoads?

I got a suggestion - get used to the case [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, if it's an RR2 or Custom bolt-on Rhoads (since this is the USA section), I'd get the case. A bolt-on neck will suffer in a bag, no matter how padded. One good bump and it's all over.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I myself was wondering about a rhodes gig bag...it seems we'll have to use the case.

Comment

I guess I didn't specify -- this guitar was purchased NOS last spring from Guitar Center. Case? What case?!

"Oh, we sold the case to someone else. We can order you a case for $120."

I know a gig bag doesn't offer the same protection, but I don't have the spare green for a brand new hardshell. A gig bag, on the other hand, is no big deal, and I have my eye on a Gibson V bag on eBay.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Inazone I have a used Jackson V case , if your interested it is a little beat up. 1 of the corners is cracked on it but I don't use it at all.Got another case for my V later on & have this one in storage. If you pay the shipping I'll sell it to you dirt cheap. send me a PM or through my e-mail Chuk
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Yeah, I have one of the triangular-shaped bass bags right now, but it isn't very well padded. The trick with hardshell cases isn't just finding room to accomodate the Rhoads shape, but also the neck joint.

Drake, I'll be emailing you in just a minute!
            sigpic

Comment

You'd be suprised...my brother has a gig-back for his strat and the thing is pretty solid. It offers protection against anything except you taking the thing and breaking it over your knee. Other than that it's really nice, stiff, and protects well.

I wish there was some kind of sturdy gig-bag for Rhoads or Kelly...those cases suck!!!

Comment

"Rockbag" by Warwick makes a gigbag that will fit the Rhoads (and King V). That's what I have. It was a bit pricey for a gigbag, but it's very good quality.

'bane

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

Seriously, if it's an RR2 or Custom bolt-on Rhoads (since this is the USA section), I'd get the case. A bolt-on neck will suffer in a bag, no matter how padded. One good bump and it's all over.

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">good one Newc ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !!! yep I'd try and find a used case for her cause I'd never trust a gig bag for anything but a accostic or a beat up strat , you'll chip the tips forsure on a rr3 if your using a gig bag maybe not right away but sooner than later is gonna happen , talk to Kevin at easton guitars ot Matt from online stage gear they should have something , and I heard that those muilty cases aren't that good for rr's either . good luck man !!! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

Newc
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oh and nice avatar Newc I like it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I have a no-name gigbag that fit my old rhoads.
                      it almost fits a kelly.
                      i believe its a bass gigbag - it's significantly longer than a typical strat shaped electric

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                        "Rockbag" by Warwick makes a gigbag that will fit the Rhoads (and King V). That's what I have. It was a bit pricey for a gigbag, but it's very good quality.

'bane
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's what I got for my KVX10 too.

Its unsurpassed advantage is that you can carry it on your back... that's the reason why I got it instead of a hardshell case.

It's really well-padded too.
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Warwick gear is good. I give it a thumbs up. hehe
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                            Warwick gear is good. I give it a thumbs up. hehe
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*smiles* I like that one. =)

But yeah, the padding is one inch thick on both sides and the surface material is very rugged. It has four external pockets for all sorts of gear - I can fit my effect unit w. cables, guitar strap, tuner and all the other little bits and pieces. The zippers are big and sturdy and the main one has a lock on it. Very much recommended. I for one wouldn't buy any other gigbag if I had to buy one again.

'bane

Comment

"Warwick" - "Thumb" - heh heh [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thought that one was outta the park, didn't you [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X