Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some opinions of these guitars.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some opinions of these guitars.....

Guys,
    Has anyone got any thoughts on either of these guitars? I figure that they look basically OK, but to my eyes something doesn't seem quite right, especially with the arching on the trans black......

Any thoughts would be appreciated.....
    Cheers
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Need some opinions of these guitars.....

To me the knob layout seems also strange and the headstock look really short like on imports - the truss rod cover reaches up to the second tuner. I'm not too sure about the control cavity either but I don't have a soloist/dinky at the moment to compare.
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

To me the position of the switch and the offset single coil are not exactly 'right'.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I like the natural finish better than the transblack. But, I like the 2H on the transblack better than the HS on the natural. I don't know that I care for single knob guitars, though (although I've never played one).

Comment

Yeah that trans black one seems fishy in several ways to me, I'm thinking HEAVILY modded import mutt thing? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] But what do I know? Not enough anyway! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I know next to nothing about Jacksons, but after staring at those pics for a bit again, why do they have plain old dot (or offset dot) necks? The tops have nice figuring...seems odd to have quality flame/quilt tops and then plain dots for markers.

Actually, now that I've typed that out, I guess it's not...I have a flametop with dot neck. Hmm. Ok, they'd look better with fins or blocks or something other than dots.

Anders - What do you think is heavily modded on the transblack? And how can you tell? To me (and again, I'm ignorant of Jacksons for the most part)...it just looks like a two humbucker, two knob, five way, floyd guitar? Nothing stands out as odd, but...I don't know what I'm looking at, so... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

On the natural one the knob and switch are odd, also I thought Dinky bodies had the scoop cut in the rear of the body? That looks like a full size strat body. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              They're both USA's?

Comment

Now that I just saw Axtogrinds new guitar it is also a full size strat body with the scoop. Is there anything written inside the trem cavity on those?

Comment

Guys, thanks for the input....they're both listed as USAs (the same store has a string thru version of the natural as well), but as I said, something just doesn't quite ring true to me.
                  The black one looks like a Palm Bay body (guitars made in the UK a while back) and not like a normal Jackson archtop to me.
                  I've asked for some pics of the headstocks and any areas which have 'issues' so we shall see!
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The fretboard on that trans-black guitar seems to extend pretty deep into the body, almost like a Fusion. In fact, it reminds me a lot of the Fusion HH, for some reason--although the archtop and reverse headstock are obvious differences.

Comment

As an aside, is there a lot of 'counterfeiting' of Jacksons in the market?

Comment

go figure that I would like the opposite of everyone else.... But, I like the black one. I just really like the archtop. Sorry......

Comment

Black one is better [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never seen a double cutaway that deep before (black) and the knobs seems a little out of place, actually, way out of place. They are both good looking though, and that being said, I might be interested in the black one if you deside to bail (even if they are mutts or whatever). PM me if you bail or need a bargaining chip for a double purchase, but I won't step on your *@#*.

Comment

Working...
                            X