Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i LOVE this guitar....pretty cool for a new one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i LOVE this guitar....pretty cool for a new one!

Love the inlays, love the top, but that wraparound killed it for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

As for Musiczoo - they had copies of NAMM guitars made - the Rhoads Cutout they have? It's got deeper Kutz than the NAMM model, and the top on their Chlorine looks more like alligator hide because the pattern is so much tighter. Maybe it's just the pic they have?
    I dunno if they were hanging out at the Shop and saw them or if they just happened to order them at the same time or what, but the serials of theirs and the NAMM models are very close - like they were made within a month of each other (judging by recent/current delivery time).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i like this series of guitars, and would like to see possibly a run of these....i would probably buy one.

i think that would be one of the coolest soloists to own.

wood choices could be interesting too...i like the koa. then there's korina. then there's honduran mahogany.

i think with the koa/maple combo, it would really be nice to see one untopped (which is somewhat cheaper to do). i like the sort of butcher block look to it. if it wasn;t so insanely priced, there's a dweezil zappa MOSER guitar floating around for sale that looks AMAZING...

dang...makes me wish i had made the trip to anaheim this year.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Love the inlays, love the top, but that wraparound killed it for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it's kind of tough to get used to seeing hardtail jackson/charvel guitars. hard tails are back in a major way. and they are great for playing rhythm guitar, no doubt. especially if your lead singer has a too heavy right hand, and is always out of tune to begin with (groan...)

those new soloists are steps in the right direction, IMHO. i'd like to see some exotic woods soloists made like that, but i wanna floyd :-)

Comment

....and a second pickup...
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the inlays, hate the top, but the wraparound is kickass. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

the eternal tone quest for me was always to make a floyd sound as good as a vtrem guitar. that's why i was always into the custom ordered mahogany Jacksons that have been in my life. a lot of this was due to the original guitar man himself, russel farrow from thoroughbred music. he always pushed the envelope as far as custom orders, as did elliot and roger hughes and the rest of the guys.

tom anderson seems to do well with the droptop series of exotic woods/floyd guitars. i have owned andersons, and liked them.

but i like jacksons and charvels better, obviously.

remember adrian vanderburg's early charvel pointy flametop maple neck guitar from the first Vandenburg record?

i would just like to see that SLS style of guitar with the multi-ply thru neck, choice of pickup configurations, choice of trem or hard tail, and wood selection.

of even a small run of basically the same guitar, with variations in pickups and hardware.

i've been jonesing for this guitar since i saw it on the bay a month ago. way outta my price range right now though!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Why is it called an "SLS"? It would appear to be closer to the SL2H, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

SLS Body / neck style, I'm guessing.

Comment

Working...
                X