What is my guitar worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my guitar worth?

Guys, I have a Jackson, Charvel (USA.) It was my brothers who passed away, the guitar has been sitting in storage for about six years. It is in near perfect shape. I want to sell it, but I am not sure how much it is worth. Any ideas? Thanks, Cody

Re: What is my guitar worth?

Somewhere between $150 and $2500

Comment

Sorry to hear that cody, but...

1) please, post your topic once
      2) some detail would help, pics would be best
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Sorry to hear about your brother.

As for the guitar, if it says "Charvel by Jackson/Charvel" on the head, or if it says Ft Worth TX on the neckplate (if it's a bolt-on) or if it's a neckthrough that says Charvel on the head and the serial number on the end of the fretboard starts with a C, then it's a Japanese-made Charvel Model model and is worth anywhere between $150 and $350 with case, depending on the model, hardware, pickups, and all that.

If it says Charvel on the head and the neckplate says San Dimas, CA, put it on Ebay and let it ride.
        If it has a Fender headstock that has a guitar-shaped gold or black logo with a 3-on-a-side headstock on the logo and says Made In USA, don't take less than $2K for it depending on what condition the body is in.
        If it's a bolt-on, you'll have to remove the neck to see if the numbers in the neck pocket match the numbers on the neck heel.

If it says Jackson on the head and the neckplate (bolt-on) has no address, just the serial number, it's Japanese. If it is neckthrough and the serial number is J followed by 6 numbers (on the end of the fretboard), it's Japanese.
        If it says Jackson Made In USA on the head, or if it has the Ontario CA address on the neckplate with a 4 or 5 digit number, or is a neckthrough with the serial number J followed by 4 numbers on the fretboard end it's a USA.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And he was never seen again [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And he was never seen again
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

what about made in usa on the head stock and jackson on the plate with san dimas addy?
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
              X