X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First USA Jackson

DOH! Damn bad punctuation virus in my laptop [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Remember folks, "it's" = "it is"

Anytime you are tempted by Satan to place that damned apostrophe in there, remember RacerX will publicly humiliate you, so, stop and say the phrase out loud before posting - making sure you pronounce "it is" and ask yourself if it makes sense.

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If anyone is from connecticut could they point me in the right direction as to where to go? lol, i know i've seen at least one person on here say they were from CT. I don't really have any local friends that play guitar, all of them are down in virginia. So far every place i'ved call wants over 60$ and i have no idea what kinda reputation the store has. I'll try hanging out at a local show and asking around

Comment

Met a bass player today that pointed me in the right direction, he said he took his bass to sam ash and the guy totally ****ed it up. Thanks for holding me back guys. He told me of a good local shop that'll take great care of me and do it for $35. Once i let my baby settle in, i'll take her over there and let you guys know how it turned out.

Thanks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I was playing my USA Kelly standing up today, testing my new amp out, and i noticed that it has the same tendancy to nose dive as my import :-( I was under the impression that the USA ones balenced a little better. I'm a bit dissapointed, I'm aware that it's hard to balence a shape like that perfectly, but i'd have figured for the price of the guitar jackson would've done something. Guess i'll just have to surgically staple a huge leather strap to my shoulder from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              Remember folks, "it's" = "it is"
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, but the common mistake is, people treat the 'it' as a name, so they say "This is Jamesy's Kelly", or "This grammar policing regime or Ron's sucks arse" ( [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
              So they presume that because they are substituting 'Jamesy' or the name of their guitar (like Florence the KE2 or something), for the word 'it', they feel the need to add the ownership apostrophe to 'it' as they would to 'Jamesy'.
              Im just trying to explaing the reasoning behind it all.
              But then again, I could be completely wrong about the whole "Jamesy's Jackson" ownership apostrophe thing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

PS - I dont f*cking know how to spell apostrophe alright? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Stop defending stupidity! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.quinion.com/words/articles/apostrophe.htm

Comment

Originally posted by nick:
                    Met a bass player today that pointed me in the right direction, he said he took his bass to sam ash and the guy totally ****ed it up. Thanks for holding me back guys. He told me of a good local shop that'll take great care of me and do it for $35. Once i let my baby settle in, i'll take her over there and let you guys know how it turned out.

Thanks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">$30 to $60 is decent for a setup, depending where you go. I wouldn't ever pay more than that.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                      Stop defending stupidity! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Originally posted by nick:
                        I was playing my USA Kelly standing up today, testing my new amp out, and i noticed that it has the same tendancy to nose dive as my import :-( I was under the impression that the USA ones balenced a little better. I'm a bit dissapointed, I'm aware that it's hard to balence a shape like that perfectly, but i'd have figured for the price of the guitar jackson would've done something. Guess i'll just have to surgically staple a huge leather strap to my shoulder from now on.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Hey Nick~
                          My American Kelly tips forward too.... just a smally problem to deal with in having such a bad ass guitar.

Brad

Comment

Working...
                          X