3 peice neck questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 peice neck questions

Anyone have a CS Jackson with the optional 3 peice neck? If it is a trans color, can you see the peices? Anyone have pictures? I nead any help before I order my CS Soloist with it. Only reason I want the 3 peice is the it will be all mahogany with a floyd, the 3 peice should make it more stable. Any help and pics will be very appreciated. Thanks you-Jack.

Re: 3 peice neck questions

slayer...i just went through a simialr decision process with my order. I don't know the answer to your question but if JC follows what I believe is fairly routine for 3 piece necks, they will reverse the center piece. Gibson does it this way as well on their 3 piece necks and you can see the separate pieces. I chose that option on a neck through rr with oiled neck for stability reasons as well. Let us know if you find out any info.

Comment

Jack! Did you do a mock up of your CS in the tool here? If you did...didja get any screen shots?

Comment

Tough to see in these pics, 3 piece birdseye:

www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Jack - You can definitely see the pieces but if you're going with non-figured woods in the neck it won't be all that noticeable. Here's a 3-piece natural Nightswan neck:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

And another:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

That's a nice looking guitar...from the back. What does the front look like? Also, it looks like it's three pieces (the body, obviously the neck is)...maple (?) cap, then a maple piece with mahogany on the very back? Or is it just stained that way?

Comment

Are there advantages of a multiple-piece neck vs. a one-piece neck (strength, movement/shifting, cost savings, etc.)?

Comment

My understanding of the theory is that with the three piece, the stresses work against each other (the grain goes in different directions), so the neck ends up being stiffer and more stable. I don't know if it really makes a difference, though, or if it's just marketing.

Comment

Maple sides and quilt maple top:

www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Shweet. I like the wrap tail on it...different.

Comment

Yes, the three piece neck makes it much more rigid. I ordered my mahogany neck really thin, so I wonder how flexible my XTRR will be.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Cool thread and thanks for the pics. Puts a face to the name so to speak!
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Re: SL2H Mahogany

I appreciate it everyone. The look is kinda different, not bad just different. My whole Soloist will have a natural finish, thus if I got the 3 peice neck, I would also have to get a mahogany body top cap to cover that up also. I was just thinking being all mahogany and a Floyd, it may be better, but I also noticed the SL2H Mahogany models have the Scarf Joint, so Jackson must be pretty sure about it being fairly stable. Anyone have an SL2H Mahogany and have any problems with the neck tweeking alot? Thank you-Jack.

Comment

Re: SL2H Mahogany

You wouldn't necessarily have to cover it up, it can look kind of cool when left exposed:

You used to see more of that kind of thing than you do today.

Comment

Working...
                              X