my custom soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my custom soloist

this is my baby here she's totally custom more so in detail than by look,she was built in 96 and sports a snow white paint job,3 custom hand wound duncans (not standard line)sounds amazing. a floyd,mohoghany body,maple cap,1/4 sawn maple neck,reverse headstock,custom neck its slightly thinner than a standard soloist which makes for a custom radious(opposed to stock),medium jumbo frets,also 25 7/8th scale (the frets are a tiny bit further apart in some of the lead area)ebony board w/sharks(nice hand selected pearl simply gorgous)also,the volume and tone was moved back of course a must on any custom for me,as well as many others i see taking the pot out of the guitar or switching with tone ect.ect ect. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] have a look.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: my custom soloist

the back..............

Comment

the headstock...................

Comment

Sweet!

I really dig the reverse headstock and the knobs layout!!!

Comment

Very sweet yes!
          Just out of curisoity, why the longer scale neck?
          And what does those custom duncans sound like? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

np, it adds just enough for someone with larger/wider fingers to be a little more comfortable in the lead i have wide fingers and tend to tilt them on 25.5 necks on this neck it feels right/perfect to me also,the medium jumbos help with this as well.as for the duncans the sound awesome i must say that they are my favorite sounding pick ups yet! clean yet big growl....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Amazing that you posted this one today, I'm in the process of sorting out a custom order and was leaning towards an enlongated-scale white Soloist. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Awesome guitar! I love white guitars (especially with matching headstocks)!

Comment

WOW!
                  Looks great but what's up with that huge Warmoth looking control cavity??
                  That could be the biggest cavity on Jackson I have ever seen!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Looks like the normal Ontario to me...am I missing something?

Looks great bro, it's a beautiful custom! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Looks like the normal Ontario to me...am I missing something?
                      </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks quite longer than others I have seen before but then when I look at some of newer Soloist, yes Dave you are right. They have the same cavity plates.

Comment

wonderful guitar, classy but it still screams r'n'r!

Do the strings feel stiffer because of the longer scale?

Comment

Awesome guitar! It is sharp looking.

Comment

Very classy lookin dude, cool guitar.

Comment

I think his angle of the shot makes it look longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X