Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would somone post a specific DK1 pic for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would somone post a specific DK1 pic for me?

I want to see how the neck joint is in the back (yes I know its a bolt on).

If you could answer 2 questions:

Hows the sustain, and how much was it?

Re: Would somone post a specific DK1 pic for me?

Best pic that I've got...

The neck joint is no different than any other late-model USA Jackson bolt-on. Like all Jacksons, the sustain is great. (If your question is a concern that the sustain of a neck-through is superior to a bolt-on, don't sweat it. If there's any difference, it's so infinitely imperceptible that only dog ears might hear it.)

As to price, there's lots of great dealers to look around from. GMW, GuitarExpress, Easton Guitars, etc. And Matt's Music just joined the JCF as a sponsor.

[ September 05, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Thanks man, I appreciate it, I just wanted to see how they did the joint, like if they cut away some from the b ack to make the access easier.

Thanks again.

Comment

The heel is not sculpted, if that's what you mean. However, the cut for the neckplate is angled, such that it's closer to the neck on the side for the high E vs. the low E. i.e., Thinner on the bottom for easier access to the higher frets. (...You can't see it from this pic, as it's from the wrong angle. You'd basically have be looking straight down the neck to show it.) They've been doing that on most - if not all - USA bolt-ons for a few years now.

Comment

Thanks bro, thats the question I was looking to get answered. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Are the necks of the older 22-fret DK1 models with H/S/S pickup configuration pretty much the same as the newer 24-fret DK1s with EMGs?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd like to know that as well.

I know my DXMG has a flatter neck than my 22 fret DK1.

Comment

Sorry guys, I don't have an older mid-90s DK1 to compare my new one to.

Comment

Here`s a close up of my DK-1 that I have just taken. (It`s the first photo that I have attempted to upload so it may or may not work!!!)

Comment

I thought as much, just click on the following link instead.
                    http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/photo.php?id=1153486

Comment

Do DK1's come in Mahogany? It doesnt show it as an option anywhere on the site or the catalog, but when you look in the back of the catalog under paint options it says "less MAH" is this because it is offered in mahogany?

Comment

Only the SL2H is offered in MAH, although I could be mistaken.

Comment

Thats what I thought also, but why do all the USA Select and a few other guitars say "(Less MAH)" in the paint options part of the catalog?

Comment

"Less MAH". Fairly self-explanatory. i.e., Not including mahogany. No, the DK1 is not available in mahogany.

Besides the SL2H-MAH, there's a couple of other USA Select models available with mahogany. The JJ and KV2T come to mind. However, most models are not.

[ September 08, 2003, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Working...
                            X