Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Arash signature model

Hi,

This is my first post on this message board.
    My name is Arash and I have recently ordered a custom Jackson! I prefer to call it my signature model since it sounds much better than "custom guitar".
    I will not post the complete specs but this is what makes it different from a normal Soloist:

*Adrenalize graphics on CANDY APPLE RED
    *Kahler 2300 Pro Flat Mount bridge
    *All 24 frets scalloped
    *Black binding on headstock and neck
    *EMG 60 in neck and EMG 85 in bridge
    *Reverse headstock
    *Northern Hard Ash body
    *Speed neck backshape
    *Strat style jack on the side of the body
    *Headstock painted to match body.
    *Abalone Jackson logo color
    *No tone control, just two volume
    *Grover tuners
    *No Inlays
    *18Volt battery cavity
    *My own name on the truss rod cover

That's it! The estimated completetion date is January 2004 but my dealer says it's very unrealistic. I do not expect to receive it until summer 2004.

Arash

Re: Jackson Arash signature model

That sounds REAL custom guitar you will have excepts the graphic is not original.
    What wood will you have for the fretboard?
    And my biggest question will be, how much wil it cost??
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I can not wait to see it!
    Congrats on ordering the guitar!
    [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I was wondering if you have big shoulders.because you'll need them to carry that guitar.Northern ash is very heavy and dense.the guitar is going to be very bright tone wise,the emg's are going to have some major bite.Not a combination many people would choose but thats cool.I like odd combinations like that.Post pics when she comes in.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi,

Thanx for your reply.
        The fretboard wood will be Ebony.
        And the retail price is up on 4830 US Dollars.

Yeah the graphic is not original but I will still call my guitar my own signature model. Besides it's the first time the Adrenalize graphic is being done over a CANDY RED base.

Next year I will post some pics of it when I get it.

Arash

Comment

Hey Richard!

Thanx for the info!
          Yeah I had an idea about Northern Ash being heavy but not that heavy!
          Actually I am only 5"6 (168cm) tall and my shoulders are not that big, but I will be sitting down while playing most of the time so it shouldn't be a problem.

Arash

Comment

Just wanted to say that the thing about Jackson having a bunch of Kahlers in stock can't be true. Cause when the order for my signature model went in, they didn't have the Kahler Pro in stock and it was really hard for them to find it. But now they have found one, it's black and brand new, and I am as happy as a fox in a chickenhouse to announce that my signature model will have a Kahler.

Comment

Adrenalize on candy red? That'll be interesting. Cool! Congrats, and please post pics when it comes in.

Comment

Sounds killer!! I'd go for swamp ash over the northern stuff, as it's much lighter. See if you can change it, or have them select a piece that's lighter. And the EMG 85/60 deal is my favorite EMG combo! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds like it is going to be an awsome guitar!! That is sad to hear about the Kahler, because if i get another Custom Jackson(have 1 already with Floyd) I want to get the Kahler Pro in Black. I wonder why they said they had all of those Kahlers laying around, and then you say they had a hard time finding one. Hmmmmmmmm [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Congrats-Jack.

Comment

Hey Arash,
                    Yah, that's a weird one all right, but good on ya for providing Jackson with some business!

Hey... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] ... go here

http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaee1.asp

and see if you can do an image of your signature custom!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                      That is sad to hear about the Kahler, because if i get another Custom Jackson(have 1 already with Floyd) I want to get the Kahler Pro in Black. I wonder why they said they had all of those Kahlers laying around, and then you say they had a hard time finding one. Hmmmmmmmm
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because Kahler sucks! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Hail Floyd!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] What do you expect when you have a trem system made from a cam? It shouldn't be using car parts!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Arash, magar mahi chegadr dar miari? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        Kash ma az in poolha dashtim [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                        Magar doktori? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

big heavy guitar for a big ego ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] dude that thing is gonna drop your on you ass , next time get some one who knows hardwoods to order for ya , what ever you do don't put a duncan custom custom in there or it'll be so bright you'll blow your amp [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] good luck in whatever you do with it but I'd change something well you still got time and also it's not your sig model if its got the def leppard graphic on the bloody thing , the least you could have done is put a lightning sky graphic on it or something else than the def leppard thing , come on . //Steve

[ September 06, 2003, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Steve ]

Comment

Sorry, Steve but it is my signature model, Adrenalize graphics or not. The graphic might be a Def Leppard design but the guitar is my own and no one will own a similar guitar. So I will continue calling it my signature model. I can call my guitar whatever I damn want. And I am perfectly knowledgable about hardwoods, thank you very much. It was my clear intention to make the guitar as heavy as possible.
                            I experienced the same thing on another message board. I called my guitar my signature model and some people got so pissed as If I had driven over their cat. Geezus, people these days.

I am very sorry to disappoint you Steve but signature model it will be.

Comment

I played a 70's strat that was northern ash, brass pickguard and man that thing was heavy.The fender single coil pickups, brass nut and that body wood not a good match at all.No tone and very harsh and basically sounded like $#!%
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X