OH YEAH LOOK AT MY NEW SL2-H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH YEAH LOOK AT MY NEW SL2-H

Man! This guitar makes me cry every time I look at her . Has anyone ever seen this finish before? I put the pickups in this week. How does she look?

Re: OH YEAH LOOK AT MY NEW SL2-H

Looks like Ultra-Violet Burst to me. A USA Select finish, but probably not too many made. If tht's what it is, your's are the best pics I've ever seen of it. Very cool color! Congrats.

Comment

WOW! didn't think I could like a purple guitar but here we are..... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I like the pickups, nice touch!

Comment

Very cool. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

What kind of pickups are those?

thanks,

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Awesome awesome awesome and that is hard to say with a purple guitar
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

The pickups are a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and a Air Norton in the neck. I love the Tone Zone! I was nervious about trying it but it fits the guitar well. I also had my tech wire the knobs so one is a volume for the neck and the other is a volume for the bridge with a pull pot to split the pickups. I don't ever use a tone knob anyway.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Comment

Nice Purpleburst.
              Are these Dimarzio pickups?
              Cool!
              [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

DUDE! That rox, purple people eaters of the world UNITE!!!!! Great looking geetar dude, how longhave you had her, what year give us all the specs!!

BE COol,
                Mike

PS, I played my first Shannon tonight..OH MY GOD was it amazing... thanks to Roodyrocker for sharing...anyone have one for sale?? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

That's sweet!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I believe that is the Ultraviolet Burst. I've never seen one, but I thought it was supposed to be close to the Jake E. Lee purpleburst, but that looks darker and better! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nice man , did you put the dimarzios in there after you got it ? //Steve

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

The purple burst is unreal. It has a spectacular metalic sparkle to it. I got the guitar about a month ago and she was stock. I custom ordered the pickups from Dimarzio and had my tech re-wire the guitar. I found her at Guitar Center here in Atlanta. Other than that same specs as any other SL2-H. Alder body, maple neck through, ebony board. The pickups made a huge difference then the stock Duncan JB and 59. I couldn't be happier with her! Great player bedised looker!

Comment

Tim,

I have used the Tone Zone and Air Norton in my last 2 Sl-2s and they are awesome, I have never heard a better neck pickup.

I had purple ones in my first Sl-2 and they had gold pole pieces and let me tell you that purple looks great on the pups.

That is one of the reasons I like Dimarzios , you can get any color you want, with chrome ,black or gold poles and any spacing, all at no extra cost.

Duncan won't even give you a color choice on a tre spaced pup, other than white, black, or zebra [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Sweet

Comment

Those pickups are just so RIGHT in that awsome SL2H- [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Congrats-Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X