• Show
Clear All

• 24fret rhoads

http://www.guitarxpress.com/cgibin/w...l?p_prodid=426

Re: 24fret rhoads

yes... What about it ??? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, they're cool, but they're really nothing new [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well racer, considering I did not know about it today, it would make it new news, and I have read some old posts and you guys are always begging for a 24 fret rhoads.

You dont have to post some BS, if it does not interest you, do not read it.

Comment

Hey Deneb don't take it personal RacerX does that to everybody. I kinda look forward to his next gag. And whatever you do, don't make a spelling error or he will be all over you too. All in good fun no harm intended. You gotta admit it is funny.

Comment

Yeah Deneb, Ron teases everybody, it's all in fun. If anything it means you're one of the gang, to be ribbed [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] like everybody else!

Just so you know, you can use the search function to see if something you feel is news, really is. You could for example search for "24-fret Rhoads" and every thread with that in the title (or message body if you select) would pop up. That way you'd know if it'd already come up, and could go to the thread for more info.

It's a tough room here, but everybody's pretty cool, we just rib each other a lot in fun! Go with it and be happy, bro!

Rich

[ September 05, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The important thing to remember here is that many (if not most) of us check every known website from Ebay to the hole-in-the-wall music stores daily and if we see something new or interesting relating to Jackson or Charvel, we post it here.
                There's nothing new in the land of Jackson/Charvel to the JCF unless it's an advance posting by The Fender Guys [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Deneb:

Just to let you know, what everyone has been begging for is a standard production model Rhoads with 24 frets. 24 Fret Rhoads' have always been available from the custom shop, and the Road Hazard model on the GuitarXpress web site is part of a limited run of 10 or so that were specifically made for GuitarXpress. So, we're still waiting for the production Model, but Jackson says it is on the way for the US market.

BTW, From your screen name, I am assuming you are either into astronomy or Rush. Which is it? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- E., aka "AlexL" (and that would be a Rush reference...)
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by *eleven*:
                    yes... What about it ??? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">they are preparing for the big usa and import runs of these ! ......... I hope ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sh-it that finish kills the eyes at this time of night [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

[ September 06, 2003, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Steve ]

Comment

It is the star that is the brightest in Cygnus the Swan, and also the name of a witch in a super nintendo game called Ogre Battle.

Comment

There you go! Cygnus is a significant Rush reference from Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres! And Ogre Battle is the title of a classic kickass song by Queen off of Queen II (I think).

Deneb is into astronomy though, I'd guess, and probably didn't know the video game was named after a 30-year old Queen song - or did you?

So Alex, you probably know my name is also a Rush reference, albeit mutated, eh? A Dr.Seuss reference first though!

Lerxstcat

[ September 06, 2003, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, I guess I know where to look for help with my astronomy homework! I just need to put up a post about 24 fret rhoads, and you'll be all over it like A1 on a steak!

Comment

Hey AlexL,

Yep, A Lerxst In Wonderland! That's when La Villa starts really getting good to me! It's ALL great of course though!

I'm so old I read "Kublai Khan" by Samuel Coleridge in 9th grade English class BEFORE "Xanadu" was written, so I knew right where Peart got his ideas from. Also, "2112" is a direct virtual plagarism of a book called "Anthem" (heard THAT word around Rush?) by Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand's philosophy IS Peart's philosophy; you could say he's a Rand disciple, though he might not like being pigeonholed. She's all about the personal responsibility theme that goes through Rush lyrics though. Go to the library and check out "Anthem"; it's the only non 1,000-page book Ayn Rand wrote, I think! You'll see how literally the 2112 story is followed, with few changes. Of course the fact Peart brought those ideas into a rock context, and to a rock audiemnce, is his contribution to society, aong with his insane drum skills!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to a fellow Rush and Alex Lifeson fan!! Do you have Victor? If so what do you think of Dalbello's Geddy Lee impersonation, circa Caress of Steel era? Her voice there reminds me of Bastille Day!

Rich

[ September 06, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X