Pre Fender? How to tell???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Fender? How to tell???

Excuse my ignorance.. just wondering if someone could give me the quick and nasty on determining if something is "pre-fender".

Thanks!

Re: Pre Fender? How to tell???

Anything made before Oct 25th 2002. I don't have the exact serial #'s of the last ones under AMIC.

Matt

Comment

There is no way to really tell. Why would you want to anyway? Are you only counting those that were made COMPLETELY under Fenders ownership? The ones that were under construction? The guitars are made in the same places by the same people, using the same machines and the same tools in the same way. Same quality, same value (except to IDIOT collectors).

Comment

Or are you talking about paid orders that made it into the production list, but hadn't actually started production until the transfer?

It's neither here nor there. Quality, build and components won't be any different.

Maybe in 20 years it may matter, but I don't think so. If quality actually goes up, AMIC Jacksons might look like AMF harleys. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Agreed. This "Pre-Fender" hysteria is snowballing into stupidity. Since Fender has not expressed an interest in replacing the skilled craftsmen at the Ontario shop with robots, I fail to see where "Pre-Fender" is supposed to matter.
          The bottom line: whoever filled your head with "Pre-Fender" mania needs to be kicked in the face with an iron boot.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What about the pre-AMIC guitars?!? Surely they must be better! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

maybe he's just curious?! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                Maybe in 20 years it may matter, but I don't think so. If quality actually goes up, AMIC Jacksons might look like AMF harleys.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My sentiments exactly.

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  Since Fender has not expressed an interest in replacing the skilled craftsmen at the Ontario shop with robots, I fail to see where "Pre-Fender" is supposed to matter.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">::sigh:: ...okay guys, i gotta come clean, here.
                  i talked to McD, who told me that fender had finally succeeded in implanting the brains of mike shannon, mike eldred, and tim wilson into the CNC machines. it was a long, arduous process, but it's been done. once the procedure was complete, the CNC machines turned on the plant employees; impaling them all with pointy headstocks and slashing the throats of the innocent workers with sharkfin inlays. the only human that was allowed to live was celeste the receptionist; the bloodthirsty machines let her live so they'd have someone to answer the phones.

the machines, once victorious, quickly went to work on adding single coil lace sensor pickups, 3-ply plastic pickguards, straight pull headstocks, and "jackson by squire" logos to the entire line. it's now painfully easy to tell the difference between pre and post-fender guitars.

...why do you think g&l guitars happened? it's because leo called in sick the day it happened at the corona factory back in the day.

get over yourself.

sully

[ September 07, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

NOTICE: The author of the above post has again forgotten to insert smilies to indicate the humorous and or facetious nature! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Man....dammit....this changes everything [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I thought Sully was a being serious [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Now I'll have to find the truth for myself [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, the Truth is out there, but Trust No One [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          NOTICE: The author of the above post has again forgotten to insert smilies to indicate the humorous and or facetious nature! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....or did i? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You're a funny guy, Sully! That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Remeber when I said I'd kill you last? I lied!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I was watching Commando on tv tonight and just had to use that line! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ September 08, 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Newc:
                              Well, the Truth is out there, but Trust No One
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I want to believe. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X