Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are/Should Jackson USA's be this expensive??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are/Should Jackson USA's be this expensive??

Hey, just walked into the local music store today to pick up my BC Rich from the tech, and was floored by what I saw. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

They had a new SL-2H and USA Dinky on the wall, I'm like, OK, cool...ya know....until I checked the sticker price. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

They wanted like $1649 for the 2H and $1979 for the Dinky....is this "Normal" or am I just out of the loop on Jackson pricing??

Thanks for the responses in advance.
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Are/Should Jackson USA\'s be this expensive??

Matt on Onlinestagegear used to sell SL2H's for 1249$ and DK1's for 1179$ i think [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

This just blew my mind.....I will never walk into a music store and pay that price....so much cheaper online....unfortunately I don't think anybody will ever touch Matt's prices....kinda fvucked up really...if Matt could do it, the others could too. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I just had to rant..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Too much for sure .the most you should pay for a group e {graphic} which is the highest price guitar group ,is around 1400 although Jacksons are a great bang for the buck when you see the prices of esp and gibson

Comment

Local music store. Sticker price. You could easily talk them down a couple of hundred. Local stores CAN NOT give the kind of prices places like OSG and GuitarXpress are capable of, so don't be surprised.

Comment

was this a corporate music store or a local music store? cuz our asshole of a local music store guy charges, like, $1200 for a regular old fender! and, he doesn't even sell jacksons! definately a no-no. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
            the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

The corporate stores (GC) can usually give you a better price than the mom and pop shops... Expect retailers to at least have full sticker MSRP, or MAP minimum advertised price as what it's marked at. You should be able to get them for much less though.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'd definitely try to talk them down to $1200 tops for standard production models and common graphics (Lightning Sky, etc) - $1400 tops for rare graphics or true Customs with Custom Shop serials. And the logoed USA Jackson hard case would have to go with it.

If they balk, walk.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I agree, I talked my local music store down to $1240 for a Black SL2H with case and that included tax. Jack.

Comment

Hahha obviously, you guys havent seen canadian prices! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ September 07, 2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Jon ]

Comment

what he's in canada? well that screws up everything. you damn commies!

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

Man....this area sucks the big wienie for guitars...I live in a military town, so most of the troops won't spend more than $500 for a guitar, simply because they don't make that much money, and there are lots of titty bars etc. to spend their cash on (LOL).

Their idea of a "good" guitar is a import low end Ibeenhad or such.....there aren't too many people around here that have high-end guitars. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

This place I went to is a "mom and dad" music store, which mainly sells for the local schools band programs, and seems to sell guitars as a "sideline", although they have Fender, Jackson, Hamer, and Marshall as their main lines...

This place I call the bible belt buckle..lots of religious groups/religions, the bubba (read: good ole' boy) network, ebonics from Hell and unfortunately rampant inbreeding lol. Foreplay amongst the locals is "hey sis, roll over".
                          [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Mom and Pop got it right with Jackson and Hamer, my 2 favorites dude, as long as they are the USA models, I have 2 of each!! Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                              Hahha obviously, you guys havent seen canadian prices! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah no **** [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] also jon they [wentworth] got a ke3 eds swirl with case 999 a dk1 with pile o skulls graphics for 2499 no case , and the got one of those colbalt blue swirl kvx10d's in there for 749 and a blk rx10d as well [don't know the price on it but it's probably going for 599 or 650] , if I only had the cash , some more imports I'd have forsure ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X