My new KE2 Lightning Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new KE2 Lightning Sky

My first ever Jackson guitar, the KE2 Lightning Sky will soon arrive at my doorstep. I ordered it back in December 2002 and I have been waiting for more than 9 months now. It's at the dealer currently, where it will have a Floyd Rose Speed Loader installed and the pickups will be changed to two custom designed Seymour Duncan pickups that were custom made for me.

See two pics:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...son_ke2_ls.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...on_ke2_ls2.jpg

The two pics above are "before" pics. After the guitar gets the Speed Loader and the new pickups installed I might upload new pics.

Arash

Re: My new KE2 Lightning Sky

About the two custom Seymour Duncan pickups that will be installed in my KE2:

The Neck PU: An active version of the SH-10 Full Shred model.

The Bridge PU: A LiveWire HeavyMetal PU with a ceramic magnet instead of an Alnico 5.

I bought them directly from Seymour Duncan. With custom pickups you don't have to go through a dealer, they sell them directly to the customers.
    I had to pay 480 Dollars for both. More than I paid for my first electric guitar, my Epiphone Exlorer.

Arash

Comment

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

IMHO those custom pups are totally unnecessary! For that price you could have bought 4 sets of used pickups!

But hey, each man to his own [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

What the hell do I need four sets of used pickups for when I can have custom made pickups that are built to my own specifications?
        No, the custom pickups are not unnecessary. For me they ARE necessary. I have already heard the original pickups that my custom made ones are based on and I know exactly how my customizations will affect the sound. So I know I am getting what I want.

Comment

You go girl [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If I had the cash I know Id spend my ass off on gear [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

I have to agree with Mr. White and Arash, do what you want if you can afford it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Ey, no offence man! But when I chatted with you last night it seemed as if you really don't know what you are doing. I admit it, custom made pups are cool to have, but for 480$!!??

But hey, that's just my opinion! I don't want to get any deeper into this! So I'm out! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

480$ for Pickups! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] You can buy a neck trough model series Charvel at that price or less. Personally I wouldn’t pay that much for pickups when you can find production stuff that does the job quite nicely at a much cheaper price. But hey, if they make you happy and you like them go for it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

For $480 you can find some awsome used USA made guitars, such as Hamer Shredders and others if you are patient and know what you are buying. I bought an awsome Hamer USA Blitz with the banana headstock and EMG`s and a Kahler Pro. That beeing said, if you have the money it is your money, and that guitar might have the ultimate tone after you install those pickups, so it`s all cool either way, I hope you get your monies worth and rock on dude [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Good Luck w/ the new axe. Those pictures don't load anymore though =/ can you post them somewhere else? Do you plan on naming her?

Once you get it I'd like to hear some audio clips. And give us a review on that speed loader, i've been looking at them but have yet to decide if it looks like something i'd like or not. I suppose if you stick with one tuning and those fender strings that i'd be good.

Comment

Access Denied (Usage Limit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by nick:
                        Do you plan on naming her?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not a human child or a living animal, it's a guitar.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nick:
                          Do you plan on naming her?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not a human child or a living animal, it's a guitar.

Newc
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you can name them if active electronics are involved. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
                          sigpic

Comment

Yea,She is wearing a G String, right?
                            [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Then I guess you could call it Kelly [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              And then everyone would consider you a wierdo freak when you said you were going home to play with "Kelly", or you keep "her" polished and strung up tight [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[ September 08, 2003, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X