My Jackson Mutt is almost complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jackson Mutt is almost complete

Check out this mutt I just finished assembling.

Missing having a strat around I bought some parts to build myself a Jackson Strat. The body is a 1986 Jackson with the TITE pickup configuration (what the heck does TITE mean anyway?), 3 stacked Ultrasonic pickups with active boost, Kahler 3310 fixed bridge, Jackson woodburn Strat head neck with rosewood fretboard and oil finish, Gotoh crown tuners, and a phenolic nut. It plays and sounds awesome! All I need to complete it is a small black Jackson logo. In the meantime I will keep it as my poor mans Charvel.

Re: My Jackson Mutt is almost complete

Very nice Jim! By the way, your parts are on thier way back to you! Thanks again! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks Dave! Good luck as I am sure many people would be interested in Rhoads pickguards and string through plates.

Comment

Very cool, Jim! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I love the three on/off switches... the Jackson body I bought off your buddy Chris will be getting them! It's at Ken's (WarriorX7) for a refin; blue/gray snakeskin with black/blue DiMarzios, black non-recessed Floyd, 24-fret Strathead Carvin neck (probably ebony board with no inlays, but I may do maple instead). It will take some time, as he's busy, but I can't wait!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting a cool finish on the body! I scored a body off of a fellow JCF'er that is pretty similar, it is pretty much the same but has the knobs and switches like the Jackson above. Now I don't know what I am going to do with it as I think this is my last project for a while.

[ September 08, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Jim, is that a hint you may sell? What kind of body is it? I've got an old Chandler maple/ maple Strathead neck laying around that needs a good home! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ooohhh Budman's doing Rhoads pickguards and v-plates? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And that purpleburst body needs an ebony boarded strathead [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Many axes, I will most likely sell. I will know more about the body as soon as it arrives. It just goes to show how fast plans can change.

Newc, yeah, it would have been cool to find an ebony board for this, but I had to take what I can get. I don't mind though. I like rosewood just as much for its tone and feel. But cosmetically this did call for a ebony board.

Comment

damn Jim that was quick. very cool not my cup o tea but very cool.

Comment

Another thing I may do is build the body up with one of these extra necks I have around. I just noticed I have a loose Chandler and a Charvel model series necks hanging around. If either will fit, I will likely go that route.

Comment

Just lemme know Sir... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X