KE1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KE1

A Marty Friedman KE-1 followed me home today.She plays great.Does any body out there know anything about the kahler apm 3310 bridge? I've not torn into it yet just wonder how you guys like that bridge,looks pretty simple and straight forward to me.
    It sustains pretty well and the duncan sounds real nice.She has low miles to be a 98 model real nice shape.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: KE1

Nice score on a cool guitar. While I'm not a fixed bridge man by any stretch of the imagination, I'm sure the Kahler APM is well suited to that guitar. After all, Marty himself endorsed it like that. Many prefer the string through body, but when you can't wank your bar, what's the point, eh?! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah I'm a floyd guy all the way,but Just couldn't pass up a nice unmolested neck thru usa KE1.Its got the small logo and Marty's sig.I took the kahler off and the A string fine tuner tension plate (for the lack of a better term)has the tab broken off so no big deal an easy fix.The dude had 13's on it and I don't think he had adjusted the neck for the heavy strings so the action was a bit high. but its resting wating for some 10's.I wonder how many of the MF sig models were made and I found it odd the rear strap button is located in the center of the body like the imports not up higher like the usa selects. I guess that was a Marty prefference.

Comment

I love my KE-1! The only thing I thought was redundant on the Kahler APM 3310 was the fine tuners on it. Without a locking nut they really serve no purpose. Congrats on the score!

Comment

Kind of what I thought no lock nut why the fine tuners.Awsome guitar,this is by far the best feeling kelly I've ever had, balance is nice,neck angle is very comfortable.All the kellys I've had have been floyds so this is a nice change.

Comment

Well, the fine tuners are micro tuners. They have an even finer tuning ratio and allow for extremely subtle adjustments in the tuning of strings. I would agree that it seems redundant though.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

You can adjust the tuning on stage without reaching across the guitar, though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Plus you can fine-tune easier while playing if you use power chords in a particular section.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks newc Had not thought about that, I'm glad there back there now if I can find the darn part I need I'll be good to go.

[ September 10, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Richard ]

Comment

Do you have any pic's? I'd love to see some!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I wish I could.I can't get my cameras software to load and run like it should.Did you see the KE-1 on the bay for 5000.00 its a bolt on import I'm sure a mistake but go check it out.

Comment

Link? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just went to e bay and the have pulled the auction.

Comment

Damn, I would love a KE1. My favourite finsih for it is see through black over quilt. I'm a floyd guy, too, but this is on the top of my hardtail list.
                          I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Working...
                          X