NO WAY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO WAY!!!

my custom guitar is retailed for 4070 list on the quote form.i just emailed musicians friend and the said the sale price for my custom is ****ing 3699.99.that cant be right gc said it was 2500 which is still a little too much.its just an ivory king v with soloist neck a ofr emgs schaller tuners and dunlop strap locks.how the hell can it be 3700.my dad can get me 3 kv-2s for that price.is 3600 sound right for a custom

Re: NO WAY!!!

Sounds like a hosejob - check with Matt's Music Center (click the Sponsors link up top), just don't post the price here (I think that'll get Matt in trouble - not sure).

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's the retail list price. Take about 40% off for your price... you're looking at about roughly $2500 for a Custom Shop. I think that's about what WarriorX7 paid for his custom Death Warrior. Do what Newc said and order through a dealer, like Matt's or GuitarXpress or something. Don't bother buying a guitar through MF or GC... the prices they charge are outrageous!!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

guiar center said about 2750 plus my dads special price.which will go down to about 2200.but did mf make a mistake.how can the price be 3700.

Comment

Don't even think about ordering a custom shop guitar through freakin' MF / GC. That outfit has trouble properly handling orders for gear they (supposedly) have in stock. Not to mention that you're not likely to get the good discount off list price.

Move along to a different dealer. GMW, Easton Guitars, Matt's Music, GuitarExpress, etc.

Comment

P.S.- Judging by your notes, you may not realise that Musician's Friend and Guitar Center are part of the same operation. Basically, MF handles web and phone orders, GC is the retail outlet arm in local areas.

Comment

Yep, GC bought MF a couple years back and they are the same company. Also partners with them now is a company called LMI and a company called Giardinelli. I just got an LMI catalog the other day and wondered who the hell they were.

Comment

i can get the best price out of gc though.i was just checking with mf for my price

Comment

So just play dumb and go back to MF and say you got a cheaper price quote through GC, tell them you want it matched or beat, see what they say. You'll still most likely get a better deal through any other dealer besides them.

Comment

Joe, it sounds like prsk's dad either works at a GC or has a tight connection there, making prsk's custom price about $2200. Not bad IMO, but definitely make sure GC doesn't screw anything up, prsk.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

But if you can get the same thing through EastonGuitars, Matt's Music, or DCGL or GuitarXpress for $2000 or less, it's worth a shot.

Guitar Center NEEDS to lose Jackson business to open it up for the smaller PROFESSIONAL dealers like OnlineStageGear who actually care [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

GC is a typical Fender/Gibson wh0re.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I do my guitar buying at a real guitar shop where you can hold the product and make an educated purchase.Kids come in saying hell I can get that thru MF for 200.00 less and piss and moan for 30 min.Today one kid wanted the store to order a guitar to see if he liked it or not, I almost Shi$
                        All you have to do is ask for the best price they can give you.Stores will generally give you 30% or more off the posted price.
                        I buy a lot of used stuff from music go round the prices are cheap!! if you use your head pick out the good stuff and make a lower offer most of the time they will take your offer.
                        It sounds as if he has a GC connection and daddy is pulling the strings.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

GC is a typical Fender/Gibson DEALER. Whether you want to admit it to yourself or not, Fender and Gibson are the most popular brands of guitar out there.

Check with Easton Guitars or GXP or DCGL or... ANYONE ELSE. You'll proably get a better deal.

Comment

$2200 for any custom Jackson neckthru is a good price.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                            X