GIVE ME YOUR OPINION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIVE ME YOUR OPINION

What do you think a 1988 Jackson strat with a sandimas plate is worth?The guitar is in 8 out of 10 condition.It is all original.Has some dings and scratches here and there but in overall good shape.Has 2 jackson singles and a humbucker,Jackson/schaller floyd,rosewood finger board.No graphic just a plain white color.Let me know what you think.Thanks paul

Re: GIVE ME YOUR OPINION

$350 to $600.

Comment

Hey Chuck,Yea thats what I thought.Considering I just bought a 1989 almost mint one for $600.The one this guy is selling is a little beat up around the headstock and some chips on the body.But it is overall a nice guitar.Do you know how those older jackson pup sound?Or do I have to replace them to get a good metal tone.I play almost all EMG 81 so that is the tone I am really after.Thanks Paul.

Comment

I think everyone here has seen the listing for that one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No need to be shy about it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Think abobut it - if the Jackson pickups were that good, they would be available for after-market sale like Gibson's pickups.
        As it is, they were cheaper to use than real Duncans or DiMarzios at the time because Jackson was having to pay full retail for them. Since so many people wanted either one or the other, they couldn't very well sign an exclusive supplier deal with either company, so they just outsourced the production of their own branded pickups to cut costs.
        Today of course every USA Jackson comes with Duncans, but remember this took years to accomplish.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,Im not trying to hide where I saw it.I think it got over 400 hits.So im sure everyone knows.I just want to know how much you would offer the guy for it?What did you think of it?Condition and all.Looks like it needs a little work.Paul

Comment

Awesome explnation, Newc.
            Paul, if you dig the EMG sound, then that's likely what will wind up in it anyway!
            Those guitars themselves are excellent guitars and absolute steals on the market today. I've owned dozens of them, and there really wasn't a dog in the bunch.

Comment

Yea,I have had three of them and one was complete crap as a player.Just never got a good tone out of it.Have you seen the one im talking about on e bay?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2557497088

Offer the guy your top dollar. If he doesn't take it, or if your bid doesn't win, then you won't have to worry about it. I can understand the issue that it might need some body work, and that it might not be as good as you would hope for it to be, but just make your top-dollar offer of what you'd pay for it and see what happens.
                There's no reserve and it's open to all. Someone else may offer him more, someone may offer him less.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I sold one like that, it was dead mint, and I think I got $450 for mine.

Don't really remember, could have been $550.

Sweet guitars.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X