Priced my first custom today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priced my first custom today.

Seeing as we're sharing, I sent Matt a sheet today on one I've playing around with for awhile.
    Based on a SLATQH with some additions.
    24 fret
    SLS headstock,
    Schaller locking tuners
    25.5 in scale
    H/S/S config
    Tunematic/Stoptail
    Abelone fins/ebony board
    Cabo finish on 3/4 in Flame top.

Price was good, And I am going to go over the details this weekend before I pull the trigger.
    Anybody have any suggestions or improvements before I do?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Priced my first custom today.

Other than the pickups and the headstock, that's mighty close to an SL2GX.

Comment

Only change I'd have is strings thru instead of stoptail.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

What's an SL2gx?

I am thinking of string through. The specs may change over this weekend. I just need to figure out what model tuners I am looking for and what pickups.
        Right now I am leaning toward SD C5/lil 59/lil 59. Not sure though.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Those specs are pretty close to the custom I want..except I want Bird's Eye Mable Neck ( unfinished )and also want it string-thru.

You can check out an SL2gx at Guitarxpress. I have one and its one of my favorite guitars. There are a few others on this board who have one as well. If you can do without the Arch top, you can save a few bucks by going with the SL2gx.

Ken

Comment

http://www.guitarxpress.com/cgibin/w...l?p_prodid=411
            Hail yesterday

Comment

That is nice but a Chuck and Gary pointed out you can purchase a production model or limited production model that has those specs (or close enough) to where you don't have to pay a custom prices. I personally think if one is going to be custom to make it a custom one of a kind that can be noticed as a custom a mile awaybut thats just me so that doesn't mean anything [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
              X